Airline Mogul Forum

maintenance & crew costs

x5airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 01, 2007, 12:42:12 pm
do they take your fleet complexity when they take into account maintenance and crew costs? Because you need to spend more on spares and pilot training, so does it actually matter?
ulu Air Charter

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 12:47:39 pm
They weren't added yet.. but someone suggested that earlier... it would add more costs but would help defeat 1 euro airlines lol.. (It's on their list i think cause i saw another thread)

*Replying to post below to avoid spam*
cause some 1 euro airlines actually earn money.. if there's more costs.. they wont earn more..

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

x5airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 12:56:01 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
They weren't added yet.. but someone suggested that earlier... it would add more costs but would help defeat 1 euro airlines lol.. (It's on their list i think cause i saw another thread)

help defeat 1 euro airlines? how does that work?
ulu Air Charter

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 02:32:18 pm
Quote from: "x5airways"
Quote from: "Jps"

help defeat 1 euro airlines? how does that work?

Thats what I wanna know, sometimes these guys can be quite helpful in getting some competition out, you know, sorta like a life cycle. Route starts out really profitable, maybe 7 airlines start to operate it, then it becomes hard, so the biggest ones then place planes on really cheap fares. I'm not too big of a fan either, and it's quite annoying when a LFC strikes your route, but I guess its something we just gotta deal with, just like in the real world. The new LF script I hear is supposed to be better and not so flawed like the current one (even though I like the current one, but this is my first round), so maybe normal fare carriers and the LFCs can have a more peaceful coexistance togeather.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk