Airline Mogul Forum

Photos.aero

Hampo · 11 · 3010

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
on: September 25, 2007, 09:15:06 pm
Photos.aero was originally formed in September 2006, but due to unforseen circumstances closed it`s doors in June 2007. In July 2007 Photos.aero relaunched and is still known as the “Upcoming Source in Aviation Photography”, and for the friendly community that people came to know.

Our discussion forums provide a community where people can post information on any aviation or non aviation related issues or simply discuss the latest happenings in the aviation industry.

Also on Photos.aero we have a new Aviation Safety section containing an Accident Database, Special Reports, CVR Recordings and much more.

Even though the core of our operation is based in the UK, Europe and Costa Rica, Our server(s) are networked on Cisco equipment located in the USA at the San Diego Tech Center Campus - a peering point for 10 major carriers including MCI, Level3, AT&T, Time Warner, and SBC.

The operating system we use is Fedora Core 6, running on an Intel Xeon Woodcrest Dual Core 5140, 2.33GHz with dual 250GB of storage capacity.

Our search engine is powered by Sphinx and MySQL, and our server is powered using Apache.

Hello everyone.

Photos.aero is a website i have become quite close to over the last few months. www.photos.aero opened in September 2006 providing a new and up-coming website for aviation enthusiasts to upload there photographs. Unfortunately the website had to close under the last owner. However, a new team have spent the past few months putting every spare minute they have towards the website, building it bigger and better than it was before.

The website will allow photographers to upload there photos which would not be accepted at 'other' aviation websites. The photos accepted will not have to excellent quality, unlike other websites. We hope to create a thriving community for aviation enthusiasts.

The website is hopefully going to be up in the near future. In the meanwhile you can visit the forum and post any queries you may have.

Thanks for your time, Sam

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 01:00:23 am
Hello, my hardware (Olympus C-750) no longer meets the requirements of JP.net.  I'm hoping to upload my rejected shots when photos.aero reopens and also start going to the airport again!

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 03:41:18 pm
Hello.

All shots are welcome  :D Feel free to post in the forums on .aero before uploading and ask for a little advice on editing etc

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Philippine Airlines Virtual
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 05:58:31 am
:) Thanks, it sounds good.

A place just to enjoy aviation, and not be so strict!

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 11:51:00 am
Well the site opened 2 days ago and is going great! There is still a few bugs about but that can only be expected. The programmers are quickly sorting everything out and the site is going great!

Please feel free to upload and support the site.

www.photos.aero

Any problems please post on the site forum.

Sam - Photos.aero Screener

NIKO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 02:08:04 pm
I'm sure someone mentioned that on Airfleets. may be wrong tho.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 10:58:21 pm
Im going to Hawaii (to the big island) and im pretty sure you have to walk to a bus to take you to a airport and I'll have some good photo chances :D
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 06:35:15 pm
Hello all!

The site is coming along nicely and most of the major bugs are sorted out.

We would more than love to see some of you guys upload and show off your photos!

If you are not sure your photos would make the grade, we have a dedicated thread to have your photos pre-screened and feedback given to you before you upload to the website. (HERE)

Did you also know that airlines/airports/companies will regularly go through aviation websites looking for pictures for advertising purposes? If your picture is lucky enough to catch their eye, you could be looking at £100+ for them to use it! A nice little money earner!

Any questions go ahead!

Sam - Photos.Aero Screener

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 06:59:34 pm
I have one image there  :shock:
But I also have lots more, like the ones I have on Jp and Airliners. Just have to find the time...
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 07:17:28 pm
I still cannot add new registrations for ATRs and the Finncomm airlines registration is not on the DB (doh, that's why I want to add!).  Also still no way to upload no-registration pictures I presume.

(Pah rego freaks, as bad as those people spending the whole weekend at Clapham Junction :twisted: ).

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 07:22:32 pm
Hey.

If you add a note in the 'screener comment' bit we can manually add the info for you :)

Or, post on the forums.

Sam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk