Airline Mogul Forum

Expiry on owned aircraft?

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 21, 2007, 12:10:46 pm
Is there an expiry on aircraft my airline owns?  This is my first round, so I don't know if after 20yrs I'm going to find out that all my aircraft have been grounded due to age.  :shock:

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:20:39 pm
games at the moment don't last that long.. the next round starts in 1960, ends in 1970, so you probably won't have a problem with that.
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 01:13:43 pm
Yes. Planes would be worth 0 under the current depreciation system (20 years, straight line). But what pTr said is true.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 03:24:41 pm
Quote from: "pTr"
games at the moment don't last that long.. the next round starts in 1960, ends in 1970, so you probably won't have a problem with that.
Ah... I thought the next round was going from 1960 to 2007. :o  That's good.  I didn't want to come online one day to find a message saying Transport Canada or the FAA has grounded all your planes due to age. :shock:

But if they're value is just $0 after 20yrs, I could still fly them.  Otherwise I'd have a lot of pissed off customers.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 05:58:23 pm
Quote from: "Air Klymaxia"
Ah... I thought the next round was going from 1960 to 2007. :o  That's good.  I didn't want to come online one day to find a message saying Transport Canada or the FAA has grounded all your planes due to age. :shock:

But if they're value is just $0 after 20yrs, I could still fly them.  Otherwise I'd have a lot of pissed off customers.

Book value (the part that counts towards your airline value) is at 0 after 20 years.  Whenever sold past this age it's assumed to have 3 months left in it to whomever buys it.  Fair value (what used market and maintenance is based off of) has no true 0 value moment... though if it's down to the dregs, say 200 euros (literally 200), it's not likely to change much. that would take a good while though.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Armygrognard

Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 06:02:51 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

Book value (the part that counts towards your airline value) is at 0 after 20 years.  Whenever sold past this age it's assumed to have 3 months left in it to whomever buys it.  Fair value (what used market and maintenance is based off of) has no true 0 value moment... though if it's down to the dregs, say 200 euros (literally 200), it's not likely to change much. that would take a good while though.

Why is the next round going to be so short?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 06:29:39 pm
Quote from: "Armygrognard"
Why is the next round going to be so short?

Because this round is actually shorter? (from 2000~2007)
10 year rounds is our standard.
D Express (id 616) 8)

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 01:08:38 am

I don't think the planes in the real world do get grounded due to age, but bad MX and so on, unless Scary Mary is running the Airline Mogul equivilant of the FAA :shock: or you happen to be in a country that is known for doing things like that (like Indonesia or Nigeria, which put a age limit of 25 on aircraft).  But I think it would become pretty expensive to maintain the plane to the point where a brand new one is more worth it.

Pepperjack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 01:32:13 am
Does MX cost change for a plane as it gets older?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 01:33:11 am
Quote from: "Pepperjack"

Right now, maint decrease as age increase, which is backward :roll:
It will be fixed by Will eventually.
D Express (id 616) 8)

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 03:05:34 am
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "Pepperjack"

Right now, maint decrease as age increase, which is backward :roll:
It will be fixed by Will eventually.

it would be nice to have a replace option where you can just replace 10 planes with 10 new ones without having to reschedule
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 06:15:58 am
Patching maintenance, and hot swapping aircraft (either individual routes, or as a whole) are coming down the road, my first priority at the moment is how overcrowded the world is getting, so i'm working on some preliminary stuff for multiple world support at the moment (and a few odd jobs here and there).  Maintenance upgrade will be done when i alter how aircraft are aged (which will be during the massive updates needed to get multi-world off the ground and done right).
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk