Airline Mogul Forum

someone help me

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 18, 2007, 06:05:04 am
first of all, i have checked the wiki. but i don't understand what the brokerage system is. i'm sorry i don't understand it. can someone please explain it to me? thanks

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 07:11:16 am
The brokerage system is a finance plan. You pay 35% of the planes' cost as downpayment, then select a mark-up % (see it as commission / interest), then wait for someone to accept it. The party that accept the brokerage request would pay for the rest of the planes' cost and wait until the planes are delivered. When the planes are delivered, they would be listed as for sell to you in the other party's fleet. You need to buy those planes from the financer at (planes' cost*(1+mark-up %) - downpayment). You have 3 months to buy the planes you requested.

You get to request lower mark-up (well... mark-down actually) if you private them to an official broker. However, any player in the game could accept a brokerage request and finance planes for others.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 09:19:48 am
i feel so stupid. i think i understand but im not quite sure. which side are you talking about, taking liability with open broker requests on the market, or whatever the other option is. im not even sure how to do it. like is it under "request aircraft" or "purchase aircraft" on the side, or what?   sorry for the trouble. thanks

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 10:59:44 am
I am talking about both sides... the buyers' side and the financers' / brokers' side.

And the brokerage request is the "request aircraft". "Purchase aircraft" is your normal orders paying 100% to the manufacturers at the time of ordering.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Armygrognard

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 07:06:02 pm
Quote from: "blastpast"
i feel so stupid. i think i understand but im not quite sure. which side are you talking about, taking liability with open broker requests on the market, or whatever the other option is. im not even sure how to do it. like is it under "request aircraft" or "purchase aircraft" on the side, or what?   sorry for the trouble. thanks

None of us understood it well when we started.  This is actually a very good time to learn as we're a couple weeks from the reset to 1960.  I started maybe two weeks ago and am up to 21 million DOP.  

Jump on in, ask questions and enjoy the addiction!!!

:D

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 07:13:27 pm
i want to experiment but im still a lil afraid. lol. i have 3.5 mill dop.

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 07:19:34 pm
In simple words...

You place a request for what aircraft you want, quantity and markup (1% markup = +1% of the aircrafts normal value, -5% = -5% of aircrafts normal value). When someone acepts your request, you pay 35% of the aircrafts order. Once the aircraft is delivered you pay the rest of the money.

SJR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 07:40:46 pm
So in theory you can buy things you cant afford yet, but will be able to when the aircraft arrives and has to be paid for?
img]Http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/672/jeaei8.jpg[/img]

Manager of Jet European Airlines Ltd

Airline I.D. 2044

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 07:55:06 pm
Quote from: "SJR"
So in theory you can buy things you cant afford yet, but will be able to when the aircraft arrives and has to be paid for?

Correct, as long as you can pay the 35% deposit up front.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Armygrognard

Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 07:59:14 pm
Quote from: "blastpast"
i want to experiment but im still a lil afraid. lol. i have 3.5 mill dop.

Jump in and try things.  Learn now before the reset where we'll all be equal.  For awhile.

Expand!!!

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 08:21:26 pm
Experiment with me, -10% markup ID 640 :P :P

Armygrognard

Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 08:33:01 pm
Quote from: "Hampo"
Experiment with me, -10% markup ID 640 :P :P

Always the businessman!

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 10:27:41 pm
tempting hampo. very tempting. -10% seems very good.. currently having 99,000,000 in the bank. not sure what i could afford. nothing small. no airbus except for a 340... 747 would be great but i dont think i could pay that off in time... not sure what they'd go for, none on the open market to help judge... something with 7500nm+ range. 3.5mill DOP, 99mil banked. what could you offer me?

and how long til the reset? anyone know?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 10:32:02 pm
7500+ nm range for €99.000.000? You're gonna have a hard time finding anything suitable, especially when you want a new plane. I'd go for something used (probably around 4 or 5 years old) if you want to make your budget, probably a 747-400. That's all that could come close to selling at €99.000.000 :)

SJR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 10:55:52 pm
I just used the broker system for the first time. I ordered a B737-800HGW. I do believe it was you that i ordered it through Mr Orange. I may also continue to order aircraft this way in the future but since i now have two days to save the cash for this aircraft it shall be a while.
img]Http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/672/jeaei8.jpg[/img]

Manager of Jet European Airlines Ltd

Airline I.D. 2044

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk