Airline Mogul Forum

do you have to keep all 4 gates to keep your base?

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 18, 2007, 02:01:16 am
i recently created a base. i rented 4 gates, paid the fee, and made it a base. but i haven't had the time to put more than a few flights on it, especially as i have other areas of focus. but at the first of the game month, i got a notice saying that 3 of my gates are flagged and will be returned if i don't use them.

well now i have the question. if i was to return 1-3 gates right now, will i lose the base status because i don't have 4 gates rented?

or will i be able to keep base status because i paid that fee, just not have many gates available? because if i paid 10million to make it a base, i don't want to lose that money. and i don't have the cash to build a terminal right now either. but if i kept base status, and got rid of three gates, i could then build it later down the road. anyone have any answers for me?

thanks in advance.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 02:02:36 am
You could still keep the base with 1 gate.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Daemonfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 08:24:19 am
do you have to keep all 4 gates to keep your base?

I'd have to go with "nope".

3 out of the 4 gates for my base were automatically returned by the script. Of course, this was as I was planning on expanding & making more routes, but 3 gates were returned and now I'm sitting at a 100% utilized single gate with no gates available :cry:

I do find it odd that it requires 4 gates to create the base, then that requirement is null & void after it's created.

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 09:25:40 am
well i think i see the reason for this. the reason's that if you only had to have one gate somewhere to make a base, you could make a base anywhere that a single gate may be available. but they don't want the biggest airports being bases to everyone because one gate may have been available. it can't be too easy

Air Tycho

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 08:43:37 pm
Nopes. One of my bases just has 3 gates... :)

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 03:13:48 am
Quote from: "blastpast"
well i think i see the reason for this. the reason's that if you only had to have one gate somewhere to make a base, you could make a base anywhere that a single gate may be available. but they don't want the biggest airports being bases to everyone because one gate may have been available. it can't be too easy
That problem can still occure when gates are returned.

I think they should leave you the 4 gates at your base so you can use them.  Anything above 4 that's not used can get returned.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 11:33:21 am
Quote from: "Air Klymaxia"
That problem can still occure when gates are returned.

It is NOT a problem. It is meant to be that way.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk