Airline Mogul Forum

Leaving an alliance

KapShtriQi

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 14, 2007, 12:03:50 am
What happens when one leaves an alliance? I have rented gates at the alliance members' airports and set u routes from-to them. If I leave the alliance, will those routes get deleted?

KapShtriQi

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:38:17 am
9 views and noone knows?

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 12:39:48 am
You lose them (I guess)
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 01:08:51 am
Well I don't know exactly.. But I've had an alliance member change base.
The routes I had to the old base still stay, but you can't edit them. So you're probably best keeping the route open if its above 60% load and depending on the profit you're getting.
img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/michaelchow810/am/cfc.jpg[/img]

KapShtriQi

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 02:07:10 am
I think this is what happened to me... looks like an alliance member did leave the base cause my limit of 20 from a base hasn't been reached yet

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 02:24:21 am
Quote from: "KapShtriQi"
I think this is what happened to me... looks like an alliance member did leave the base cause my limit of 20 from a base hasn't been reached yet

Try editing the route, you should get a message like:

Invalid airports selected, please go back and try again. (Please note: Alliance membership changes, or alliance members changing hubs may prevent editing of alliance routes at the originating airport)

If you get that message, then that's definately the problem.
img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/michaelchow810/am/cfc.jpg[/img]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 03:34:31 am
Moved to somewhere that an admin would notice.

(I was among the 9 viewers but I don't know the answer :P )
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 07:05:47 am
Quote from: "KapShtriQi"
What happens when one leaves an alliance? I have rented gates at the alliance members' airports and set u routes from-to them. If I leave the alliance, will those routes get deleted?

Routes stay in existance, but as before mentioned are uneditable.  Theoretically yes, if you want a lot of routes you're not going to update you can join alliances, max out bases, and leave.  If this gets too problematic there will be an automatic route removal involved for some if not all of the routes.

I'm sure if you're caught doing this excessively you'll be blackballed from most alliances, and the players will reasonably take care of it :P  That and eventually you'll start losing money hand-over-fist from the uneditable routes.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

KapShtriQi

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 09:47:51 am
Thanks for the clarification.

I just started playing 2 days ago, got into an alliance and so far going quite nicely. Mostly I was just concerned with this option. I am in a decent alliance but I want to expand more in the US rather than Europe where I believe I will reach my max pretty soon, so an alliance with more presence in the US will help more.

On that note... here's a question. If I pull planes from one continent's routes, can I put them on a different continent? Like for example, if I pull a prop plane with 1500nm range from european routes and I wanna assign it to US routes, would that be possible? I mean, how would the plane actually get to the US to fly those routes? It can't get over the Atlantic on its own :)
Or maybe I'm thinking too much into this...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk