Airline Mogul Forum

Receiving Text/SMS Alerts

Poll

Would you use a feature allowing Text/SMS messages to be sent to your phone?

Yes
6 (30%)
No
14 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: September 13, 2007, 11:18:26 pm

hpscot08

• Administrator
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 13, 2007, 11:18:26 pm
What is your opinion on this. We have come across a way that this would be viable as either a free or premium service. The messages would be similar to the current e-mail alerts, and you can pick which kind of messages get sent. We would not be responsible for any charges you incur. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:31:23 am
if the emails even work at present >_>
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

gizgiz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 12:44:59 am
I need to pay for international SMS's, so no. And as Air El said :P

I'm pretty sure the script you got only works for a selected number of NorAm/European carriers anyways.
[20:28] <Jps> your still a w****r with your new sig
[20:36] <gizgiz> you know what? this channel is hopeless
[20:36] *** gizgiz was kicked from #AirlineMogul by Jps [Just get lost.]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 10:49:19 am
Chester, leave the technical implementation to us. I've used systems for my college society and they work quite well, regardless of what country you are in.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Daniel Doorgakant

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 05:03:44 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
Chester, leave the technical implementation to us. I've used systems for my college society and they work quite well, regardless of what country you are in.

As long as its not as expensive as when I call you Murphy!  :twisted:
Daniel Doorgakant
Airline Mogul Administrator

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 05:24:36 pm
If it cost me, no

Daniel Doorgakant

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 06:24:21 pm
Look, we won't force you to have SMS alerts/This Service, it is an OPTIONAL service, like Liverpool FC alerts :D

Recap:

Key Words in this post

.Optional[/list]
    Daniel Doorgakant
    Airline Mogul Administrator

Armygrognard

Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 08:21:32 pm
    Quote from: "hpscot08"
    What is your opinion on this. We have come across a way that this would be viable as either a free or premium service. The messages would be similar to the current e-mail alerts, and you can pick which kind of messages get sent. We would not be responsible for any charges you incur. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

No offense, I really like the game.  But it is NOT so important that I need a text message regarding it.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
      • View Profile
    Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 09:21:09 pm
    No, definitely not. I don't even use the mail-stuff. Either I've got time to check the game and respond to the message or I don't. Sorry, but that wouldn't be anything but Spam.
    EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
    Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
    das macht Spaß!
    Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
      • View Profile
    Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 11:23:50 pm
    I reckon I'd be up for it.
    It doesn't cost me anything to recieve international SMS here in AU, but sending's around the 60-odd cents mark.
    EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
    Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
    2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
    No longer an admin.

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
      • View Profile
    Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 11:31:11 pm
    I wouldn't use it personally... I'd just be spammed with 'aircraft sold' messages in school  :lol:

dktc

• Administrator
    • Airline Board Member
      • View Profile
    Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 11:55:19 pm
    Why not?

It is optional afterall, so just add it and give the people who say "yes" this feature, while the ones who say "no" would not be receiving them.

That is unless it would involve operational funds that could have better use (like paying Will :P ). If AM needs to pay for it, then provide this option as a premium feature only. (btw, you guys should consider spliting those premium features up instead of selling them as a package. Look at those no-frill airlines. Give them the free ticket, ie. AM, then sell them the drinks, the right to use the lavatory, the snacks, the headphones... etc. :wink: )
    D Express (id 616) 8)
    AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Armygrognard

Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 08:10:56 am
    Quote from: "dktc"
    If AM needs to pay for it, then provide this option as a premium feature only. (btw, you guys should consider spliting those premium features up instead of selling them as a package. Look at those no-frill airlines. Give them the free ticket, ie. AM, then sell them the drinks, the right to use the lavatory, the snacks, the headphones... etc. :wink: )

:idea:

Excellent idea!

gizgiz

• Airline Operative
      • View Profile
    Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 08:38:37 am
    Quote from: "dktc"
    Why not?

It is optional afterall, so just add it and give the people who say "yes" this feature, while the ones who say "no" would not be receiving them.

That is unless it would involve operational funds that could have better use (like paying Will :P ). If AM needs to pay for it, then provide this option as a premium feature only. (btw, you guys should consider spliting those premium features up instead of selling them as a package. Look at those no-frill airlines. Give them the free ticket, ie. AM, then sell them the drinks, the right to use the lavatory, the snacks, the headphones... etc. :wink: )

So you pay AM and you pay your phone company to receive one message? My take on this would be NOT to make this a premium feature. Just make it optional, or unless you can find some way to negate that phone company charge, then make it a premium feature. People won't be willing to pay money on both sides of the message.

And just to quiet down the fire in here: People, it's a POLL. No need to rebel against the idea. If you don't want to get spammed, then just don't opt in to it!

PS: For CSL, it's $1HKD per international SMS ;) Expensive if you get 100 a day :P
    [20:28] <Jps> your still a w****r with your new sig
    [20:36] <gizgiz> you know what? this channel is hopeless
    [20:36] *** gizgiz was kicked from #AirlineMogul by Jps [Just get lost.]

Armygrognard

Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 08:43:05 am
    I don't see it as anyone rebelling. They're expressing their opinions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk