Airline Mogul Forum

Is this acceptable?

royaloyal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 09, 2007, 03:17:50 pm
I know that creating multiple 0.5s to same destination is illegal and creating 5+ frequency routes are also illegal

but can you create multiple 1s / 2s to the same destination? (obviously the multiple here would be limited to 3 as more would equal flying 5+)
Loyal to the Royal, Royal Loyal

Armygrognard

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 03:37:13 pm
Good question.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 04:00:31 pm
To me, multiple 1's and 2's are acceptable up to 5 total frequencies between a certain pair of airports. However, the whole standard is currently being revised by StephenM due to some people thinking 5 is too few... so, all efforts on my part are put on hold.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 04:09:50 pm
I still think 10 should be the limit.. for the sake of competition
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 04:25:45 pm
Me? I don't really care. I am not affected... except for I am (was?) the one clearing the routes.
D Express (id 616) 8)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 11:04:06 pm
The limit is changed to 10, as ordered by StephenM.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Pepperjack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 03:56:58 am
What about multiple .5 flights to the same destination with different airplanes?

Sometimes I'll have a plane with just 3 hours left or so and a close airport will allow me to do a .5 run in a day?

rodendack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 04:28:34 am
so, here´s my question

two nearby airports, all competitors have a max of 2.5 freqs, can I do 10 to get them out?  :?
ordillera Airlines, your gate to the South Pacific

ID2322...

Excuse me for my poor english :)

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 05:46:59 am
I believe the admins have already announced that the maximum frequenct between 2 cities is 10
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

rodendack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 06:10:18 am
yes, but even if the competition is small? and the airports are very close?

I got a warning when I did that using a 20 freq with only one plane, I don´t want to do that again
ordillera Airlines, your gate to the South Pacific

ID2322...

Excuse me for my poor english :)

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 09:16:42 am
I think it can be within the bounds of realism to have multiple 0.5 frequencies to an airport.

Example: Madison and Milwaukee are very close together.  I have a bunch of planes doing flights all day out of Madison (whole number frequencies).  At the end some still have an extra hour, enough for the quick hop to Milwaukee, and not enough for any other profitable route that I don't already fly.  So I give them all 0.5 frequency flights to Milwaukee to make a bit of extra money.  In real life, that would just mean I have several planes overnighting in Milwaukee each night.

The real departure from realism is when you have multiple 0.5 frequencies per plane.  That would mean it's overnighting in multiple places, which is obviously beyond the bounds of realism.
lying Badger Airlines

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 11:06:22 am
Quote from: "Max2147"
I think it can be within the bounds of realism to have multiple 0.5 frequencies to an airport.

Example: Madison and Milwaukee are very close together.  I have a bunch of planes doing flights all day out of Madison (whole number frequencies).  At the end some still have an extra hour, enough for the quick hop to Milwaukee, and not enough for any other profitable route that I don't already fly.  So I give them all 0.5 frequency flights to Milwaukee to make a bit of extra money.  In real life, that would just mean I have several planes overnighting in Milwaukee each night.

The real departure from realism is when you have multiple 0.5 frequencies per plane.  That would mean it's overnighting in multiple places, which is obviously beyond the bounds of realism.

That's gonna create a situation here in South America made by this *airline*  :( .... that made me lose 11 routes..

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 11:23:01 am
The reason we have brought in these measures is in responce to complaints, understandably if we stand on our heads someone will complain. Its impossible to make everyone happy. ;)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

diane

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 02:34:27 am
Quote from: "Max2147"

So how do they all get back to Madison to start the next day? :?

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 05:03:09 am
it'd basically be alternating,

Day 1 last flight =  .5 Airport A to airport B. day2 first flight = .5 back from Airport B to airport A.

Theoretically valid would be two different .5's because you would have A->B->C; C->B->A (and possibly any possible number of b round trip D in the middle).
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk