Airline Mogul Forum

question about the next round

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 07, 2007, 08:01:16 pm
I noticed the thread "more airports" and it raised a question I was thinking about last night.
I understand the reset aka next round will take us back to the 1960's, with that, will the number of airports we have currently be reduced to reflect the airports that were around back in the 60's. I think it would be pretty unrealistic to have airports included in the game which weren't around back in the day.
Obviously I understand that this could be a daunting task having to determine which airports were and were not operational back in the 60's.

Thanks if any of the admins can shed some light on this.
img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/michaelchow810/am/cfc.jpg[/img]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:32:49 pm
All airports in the database will appear next round (except the dupes). As unrealistic it is, and as easy it is to figure out when airports get into business, it would be a disaster with so few airports in 60's for so many players. That just would not work :wink: You people would be buying F4U's instead of F27's to use upon each other :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:35:30 pm
If the data is easily available. I think you guys should implement it. And maybe split the game up into leagues. Climb up the ranks too fast, you get promoted to the next league, drop in the rankings too much you get relegated.
Lower amount of airports will make it a better game.

Mind you, if realism plays a part, it will already be unrealistic with the amount of airlines in the world (game).

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 08:37:43 pm
Mind you, this is a game.

I don't think this should be implemented. At least 3/4 of Asia will be wiped out.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 08:43:36 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Mind you, this is a game.

I don't think this should be implemented. At least 3/4 of Asia will be wiped out.

I know it's a game, I didn't say it wasn't. But the majority of players prefer their airline to operate in a manner that a real world airline would operate. Many player even use a real world airlines' name and copy the routes and aircraft down to the T.
I know all aspects of realism can't be included, and as such we have the Middle East continent.
I just find it challenging to think that we're going back to the 60's utilising aircraft from the 60's but landing at an airport from the 80's, 90's, 00's etc.

haha another thing I just thought of, are we still going to be utilising the Euro as the currency when we move into the next round?

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 05:49:12 pm
So are we sticking with the Euro for the next round, or we using another currency?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 06:01:54 pm
I own the game, I believe I am entitled to have my stamp on the game. And since I am a European, Euro is the currency of choice.  :) David had Pounds in ClearSkies, AE is Dollars etc...

Edit: For realism junkies that dont want Euro before 2002. I might change everything to IR£ (Punts) if you really want!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 06:07:03 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
I own the game, I believe I am entitled to have my stamp on the game. And since I am a European, Euro is the currency of choice.  :) David had Pounds in ClearSkies, AE is Dollars etc...

Edit: For realism junkies that dont want Euro before 2002. I might change everything to IR£ (Punts) if you really want!

haha I'm not saying it should be changed. I just thought that you would be changing to Irish pounds.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 06:19:00 pm
Well the problem is changing it around in all the scripts. Its a bit of work!

Edit, at the start of the summer I created a formula to change things to £ S D (LSD/Pounds Shillings and Pence) for Iarnród Mogal, that would be fun to have pre 1970s! :D
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 07:01:20 pm
About airports... we should be able to only auction of gates (maybe a couple of gates per real life day in each city). I know it

might sound stupid...I was thing about monopoly and how you auction off different properties.

The different properties would represent airports in AM. BTW... we should add Waupaca and Green Bay into the game and also

maybe Naples, FL. Though small, they would serve as great connection cities. I'll help with getting the info

*edited by dktc; no need for special font style*
@dktc <from now on this will not happen>
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 07:08:07 pm
Auctioning off gates would just help huge airlines. They can buy all the gates (and as I have said... even half the airlines in AM :shock: ) and others would not be able to play. Simple?
D Express (id 616) 8)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 07:11:12 pm
Yes, quite simple. Still, the basic idea is good. We could go around selling slots or something.

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 09:59:48 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
Well the problem is changing it around in all the scripts. Its a bit of work!

Edit, at the start of the summer I created a formula to change things to £ S D (LSD/Pounds Shillings and Pence) for Iarnród Mogal, that would be fun to have pre 1970s! :D

ah yeah I never thought about editing all the scripts. I don't know much about programming, coding etc.
I guess it'll be the Euro then.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 03:09:29 am
Quote from: "blue25"
About airports.... BTW... we should add Waupaca and Green Bay into the game and also

maybe Naples, FL.

Austin Strabel (GRB) is in the game......

But Waupaca(PCZ) has this SMALL problem. "Airport Certification: Full Part 139 Certification, No Current Scheduled Air Carrier Service."

You really want that in the game?

Seeing how it would have no demand, and no traffic.  It would be useless.  Not to mention the gate numbers and prices are based on the traffic.

Naples(APF) has about 64k pax a year. If noone else submits it, I will eventually.  Its number 299 in the FAA report, up to number 216 are in the game.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 04:06:12 am
Thanks? :roll:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk