Airline Mogul Forum

Problems creating bases

aratexa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 04, 2007, 07:39:16 pm
I´ve got money( Airline Cash and DOP) and gates enough to create bases, but it seems to be some problem...because dosen´t appear the airports that i ´ve got the gates to crate the base.How could this be solved?

Thanks .

User:Aratexa
Cuzeiro ID:2186

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 08:09:03 pm
Is the airport you are trying to create base at listed under the same continent as your home base?
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:45:35 pm
A common question.

There's a few steps to ensure you can create a base:
1. Is it on the same continent as where you originated (your home base)?  NOTE this is IN Game, not in real life, so Middle East and Central America may be tricky, or i suppose a few islands in Oceana may be Asia vs Astaliasia.
2. Do you presently have under 6 focus cities (either home base or new focus city that is)?
3. Do you presently have a minimum of 4 gates at that base?
4. Do you have the cash?

if you pass all 4, and still are having problems, definitely let me know i'll look into it.  If one of the above conditions is your failing point, correct it and try again. (I tried to list it in the most prudent order, in-game-finance wise).
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

aratexa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:43:55 am
Air Elbonia, thanks for the explanation, i´ll check if allthose 4 items are ok for setting the bases.Just one other question...i can´t open bases ouside my first base continenet?? Cause i was trying to open bases in North America, Africa and Europe and not another base in South America.

Thanks a lot!

Cruzeiro ID: 2186

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 01:58:44 am
Nope. you're constrained to where you started, sorry.  

After playing several other games, and looking at the real world, Airline Mogul decided to constrain users to continents (countries we find a little too constraining) to keep the game fun and a little realistic.  Few airlines have many focus cities outside their home country/continent (though yes some do) and a few other games we have played in the past have proven it's just no fun when a big airline from halfway across the world suddenly pops in and starts smashing your routes.

aratexa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 02:47:21 am
It´s a pitty :P I was planning to open bases in PHL, CLT, ALG and ARN  :(  Now i ´ll have to stick with what i ´ve already got a nd try to fond new ones in South America. Thank you very much, Air Elbonia .

Cruzeiro ID:2186

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 02:54:54 am
Quote from: "aratexa"
It´s a pitty :P I was planning to open bases in PHL, CLT, ALG and ARN  :(  Now i ´ll have to stick with what i ´ve already got a nd try to fond new ones in South America. Thank you very much, Air Elbonia .

Would you like to join us at Worldair alliance? Our thread is at this link http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1551&highlight=
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 02:59:29 am
Quote from: "blue25"
Would you like to join us at Worldair alliance? Our thread is at this link http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1551&highlight=

I believe I have warned Worldair once not to recruit outside of the alliance thread. This is your second warning. The management of Worldair please control your members and respect the organization or this forum, as well as give our players a little breathing space.

The next time that I see recruitment effort from Worldair outside of the alliance section of the forum, especially in non-related places, the post would be deleted promptly. Please don't make me do it, because neither or us would be happy. :wink:

oh, and all other alliances, please be aware of this as well. thx.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 02:59:57 am
Quote from: "aratexa"

Oh. i forgot to mention, as it has been alluded to vaguely by blue25 here.

The Alliance feature allows for some limited violations of that rule.  When in an alliance, an alliance can elect to share X routes from their focus cities/hubs for their fellow alliance members. That means, depending on settings, you may create routes from your friends focus cities/hubs/etc, not unlimited mind you, but some.  So find some friends in game, they can be a great source of advice and FAQ answers, as well as some help in game to serve the whole world.  :lol:

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 03:01:54 am
Air Elbonia... your the best admin around! :D

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 03:03:22 am
Quote from: "dktc"

I believe I have warned Worldair once not to recruit outside of the alliance thread. This is your second warning. The management of Worldair please control your members and respect the organization or this forum, as well as give our players a little breathing space.

The next time that I see recruitment effort from Worldair outside of the alliance section of the forum, especially in non-related places, the post would be deleted promptly. Please don't make me do it, because neither or us would be happy. :wink:

oh, and all other alliances, please be aware of this as well. thx.

Coastal Air wanted me to do that (it won't happen again) sorry :?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 03:05:41 am

and yet i am the worse mod around :twisted:

Apology accepted though.
D Express (id 616) 8)

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 03:57:54 am
Quote from: "dktc"

and yet i am the worse mod around :twisted:

Apology accepted though.

Ooooh... That's a big tag.
I reckon I'm worse.
EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
No longer an admin.

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 04:11:11 am
you want to see heck? Look into a broken mirror and then spin around 5 times really fast. Then drink one can of soda quickly and spin around 5 more times and look into another broken mirror. You'll feel like crap, but you'll see what I mean by "heck."

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 04:20:49 am
Language... :twisted:
EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
No longer an admin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk