Airline Mogul Forum

Airport updates : Senegal / Egypt / Saint-Barthelemy and Saint-Martin / Dominica

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Hello AM Team!

Just spotted several updates for the airport database, for your consideration.

1°) EGYPT - Mubarak International Airport (HMB / HESG) is of course no longer named after the former Egyptian president. It retains its IATA and ICAO codes, but is now named "Sohag International Airport". Indeed, an Egyptian court ruling ordered Mubarak's name removed from all establishments.

2°) DOMINICA - Melville Hall airport (DOM / TDPD) on this small Caribbean island has been renamed Douglas-Charles Airport. As is usually the case, it retains its IATA and ICAO codes.

3°) SENEGAL - Leopold Sedar Senghor International (DKR / GOOY) was the main international airport for Dakar until December 2017. It is now only a cargo or military facility, because it has since been replaced by the newly constructed Blaise Diagne International Airport (DSS / GOBD). Due to its recent start of operations, I was unable to find official yearly passenger figures for the airport. These are expected to rise in the future.

4°) SAINT BARTHELEMY - Gustaf III Airport (SBH / TFFJ), is erroneously entered into "Guadeloupe" as a country. This was initially correct, however back in 2003 this island voted to secede from Guadeloupe. Following this democratic decision, it is now a distinct and separate French Collectivité d'Outre-Mer.  A similar issue affects the L'Espérance Airport (SFG / TFFG) on Saint-Martin (which has been removed by decree from Guadeloupe since 2007). Therefore to place these two airports under "Guadeloupe" is contrary to either democratic decision of Saint Barthélemy, or to the current official status of St-Martin. They do remain part of France. I realize that placing them in a new/separate country in Airline Mogul may be somewhat of a challenge, so I'll understand if you leave the airports where they currently are.

Kind regards.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Oh, very nice finds! Thank you :)
It should be possible to do the changes, I'll get around it shortly

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Always my pleasure!

And thanks to you for taking them into consideration.

Have a nice day Matias.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Should be fixed by now. If you don't see any changes, then don't worry. Sometimes they only appear in worlds created after the change has been made.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk