Airline Mogul Forum

Some Suggestions

MrBullsFan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 12, 2019, 09:56:22 pm
I been playing this game for a year and I really enjoy this game. Here are some ideas for this game.

1: There should be the ability in private worlds for when an airline becomes inactive, the owner of the private world can liquidate the aircraft on the market.

2: You can choose if you want to be a legacy carrier or a low-cost one. If you are a low-cost one, you can add taxes like extra carry-ons.

3: An airline can create a subsidiary like for regional flights. Added with that, you can contract other airlines to do it. Maybe the main airline gets 60% and the other gets 40% on that flight. Or, you can do it under a different brand. The airline could also make cargo subsidiaries as well. (If cargo planes become a feature)

If you can, get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks, MrBullsFan

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 10:52:37 pm
1: As it is right now, world owners can reset and remove airlines at their will. Some world owners actively maintain their worlds and remove inactive players

2: Currently, on-board services like food and such are in the game, but more can possibly be added at a later point together with a more realistic approach to it.

3: The closest you can get now is to put your aircraft in different fleets, but that has no other effect than a label appearing on the aircraft when you create a route. Something closer to reality might be something for the future, but that's up to Stephen to decide :)
Cargo is coming ... at some point ... in the future ...

Thank you for your suggestions and engagement in the game! We really appreciate it

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 12:37:29 am
Thanks for the suggestions!

1. Matias has covered what the world owners can do. At one point we did automatically reset inactive airlines, we stopped as people were a little upset about getting wiped out. We may look at bringing that back for all worlds if it would help.

2. We do need a better system for unbundling pricing, something we will look at in the future.

3. The way you describe it, sounds a lot like how codesharing could work. I am interested in looking at codesharing more which would allow for regional airlines as well as greater alliance functionality.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

MrBullsFan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 09:21:47 pm
I have a suggestion for the maintenance update. As you see below is what aircraft I have for my airline.

Airbus A319-100 LR
Airbus A321-200
Boeing 737-700 HGW
Boeing 737-700 ER
Boeing 737-800 HGW
Boeing 777-300ER
Boeing 787-8
Embraer ERJ-190-LR

I was wondering for the A320 series of aircraft and the 737 family that it dosen't count as a seperate aircraft because most likely it uses the same machinery but the aircraft is bigger.

Thank you for your time,
MrBullsFan

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 10:42:27 pm
The way we are storing aircraft data makes it possible to do engine-based commonality (engine maintenance is a big part of maintenance expenses), I wouldn't be surprised if we could do the same with aircraft families and variants.

As it is right now, it doesn't make a difference which aircraft you have, as long as it's not too old

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk