Route numbering schemes

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
on: February 10, 2019, 11:44:24 am
How do you guys use route numbers in the game? I use numbers 001-099 for intercontinental routes and 100-299 for routes from Copenhagen and so on. But the problem is, I now have 99 intercontinental routes and have run out of numbers. Where do I continue? Numbers 100 and up are taken, what is free is around 1500 and up. Any suggestions?

Airline Mogul - See my airline

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 10:31:37 am
Hi Matias,

Can't really suggest anything much as I usually go with the automatically generated flight numbers. My airlines have so many routes that the pleasure of allocating a flight number to my routes is outweighed by the time it would take me to do this.

Some players use a letter such as flight # B79 etc... but this does not seem realistic to me - however it could be a possibility?

Potentially you could also re-work your numbering system altogether by removing flight numbers dedicated to intercontinental routes, and allocating each of your bases a range of numbers (flights from Copenhagen 0-150) flights from Riga (150-250) etc... ?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 01:26:17 pm
I made a spreadsheet the first time I used flight numbers, all with routes and numbers and hubs and ... Way too much work.

Now you can fill out a route number and by removing focus from the text box it'll tell you if it's available or not. That way it's easy to count upwards in the number blocks.

I think re-allocating IC routes to a 9000 block is my option, just like SAS in real life uses 900 numbers for IC routes.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 12:53:08 am
Bringing up an old topic here but while adding routes today I was trying to think of ways to semi-automating flight numbering.

What does everyone think about setting up rules by base, where you could say Base A has a range of 1-999, Base B has a range of 1000-1999 etc? The game could look up the ranges based on the departing base and assign the next available number in sequence.

Is there any other ways people would like to number their flights?
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 05:05:53 am
That's how I number my routes, so yeah. I don't think many people use other ways, to be honest

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk