Airline Mogul Forum

Average fleet age

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
on: June 14, 2018, 04:00:58 pm
Hello,

I have a suggestion that should be relatively easy to implement: that an airline's average fleet age be rendered visible to other players within a world.

I think it should be feasible technically because this figure/calculation already exists in the game. When one clicks on the "Aircraft" tab, one can see his own fleet's average age.
But currently we cannot see other airline's average fleet age.

The reason I think it would be nice to see this figure is because it could motivate players to regularly renew their fleets, and therefore to keep playing actively in the game.

I can understand that an airline's current cash amounts remain private, because in the real world too airlines do not tend to release this information. However in the real world, it is quite easy to find out an airline's average fleet age.

Anyway, its just an idea...

All the best,

Thunderstruck

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 09:48:48 am
Is there any interest in knowing the average age of other airlines' fleet? Do you think it would have any effect on competition?

tparaiso601

• Airline Operative
  • Avid AM player, future airline pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Account
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 09:27:31 pm
Is there any interest in knowing the average age of other airlines' fleet? Do you think it would have any effect on competition?

I like the idea. If it's an easy implementation I would do it.

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 10:14:36 am
Thanks.

I don't think this would have a direct impact on competition per se, however it will be a motivating factor for players to more often renew their fleets.
Also, the more little statistics like this are available, the more interesting it gets ;)

The game provides for some (in my opinion less useful) info such as most fuel used, which doesn't really relate to anything.
It's fun to read about the "longest route", however it would be even better if the system could list which route this is, because at the moment its just a number. Would be fun to know what that route is for each airline... is it Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro? Doha to Auckland?

Anyway hereunder is where I think the average fleet age could easily be inserted - in the column on the right named "Airline Data".

Kind regards.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 02:46:08 pm
Well, I can try suggesting it to Stephen :)

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 10:24:32 am
Cool, thanks Matias.

Have a nice Sunday :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk