Airline Mogul Forum

How are aircraft registration numbers attributed?

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Hello,

This is just out of curiosity, and I'm not sure if anyone holds the answer. But how are aircraft registration numbers attributed?
I initially thought they would be in a progressive order, but in a new world I'm in, my first three default aircraft are registered in Italy, as follows:

I-AAAA
I-AAAB
I-AAAC

but I have purchased a new aircraft, and it has the registration number I-AADS which does not logically follow the previous 3 registration numbers. No other airlines are based in Italy at the moment.

Any ideas how it works?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 02:33:41 pm
It should go sequentially from I-AAAA to I-ZZZZ. There must be some aircraft registered with registrations before I-AADS, maybe an Italian airline that moved away? I can't say much more right now

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 05:32:28 pm
Well, it's a brand new world, the only other airline that joined the game so far is based in China.

That's why the jump in registration numbers appears unexpectedly. No impact on the game, but I was just wondering what's the logic of it.

Thanks for the reply in any case, and take care.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 02:08:55 pm
Which world is it? Can you link your airline?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 04:03:35 am
Thanks for the report. I have implemented a fix for this and it should work now. There was an issue identifying which world the user was in when purchasing new aircraft. Let me know if it doesn't pick I-AAAE as the next registration when you buy an aircraft. AAAD is currently the last reg identified on the Italian register for your world.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 08:47:24 pm
Dear Stephen & Matias,

Thanks both for looking into this. Yes, I have purchased a new aircraft I-AAAE. The logical registration process is back to normal.

Cheers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk