Airline Mogul Forum

Messaging out of a world

Anzatax

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 06, 2017, 03:39:57 am
I notice that the only time we can contact someone in-game is only when you are inside a world, and even then you could only message players that are in that same world.

I was thinking, what if someone wants to join a private world with a password and wishes to ask for permission (and the password, of course) to join? He could not possibly join that world and then ask for the password to join, could he? :D And what if the private world you joined ends? How do you message the owner if he would make another one if the world is already inaccessible? And how could the owner message you to notify you of a new world if he is not in the forum here?

So, having listed the above reasons, I would like to suggest that we could message players outside of a world. That way, we don't need to join a world to contact someone, and we may feel not as isolated, or more connected, whichever applies. Because right now I feel as if I am locked in a tiny room since I am not really in many worlds (only one tiny on in fact), and have no ability to find or message anyone. Personally, it feels as if only I exist in the game.

Maybe this suggestion may help players start to get more active as a community?

Also, why not provide a members list for players to browse through? Most games have one, and it does not really feel comfortable without one. And maybe a friends list could be introduced so that you culd keep track of the players you know in the game?

Just a few suggestions that I hope could help improve the game :). More may come sometime later :P.

Anzatax

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:29:50 am
Is this suggestion useless? Or impossible to incorporate?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 02:51:23 pm
I don't think it's useless, but you can message world admins of private worlds with passwords. Just click on the world name and you will get a link to press.
For other communication there is this forum, but even after the world ends you can post in the in-game forum.

Listing members might not be in everybody's interest since some might not want their information on a publicly available site, sorry.

Anzatax

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 02:49:39 am
Well, more people play the game than participate in the forum, so wouldn't it be easier to contact them in-game? For example, maybe you may want to invite everyone in AM to your private world. That may never happen, but who knows :P?

Anyway I think it just feels a bit uncomfortable not being able to message someone out of the world I am in. I cannot even find you, Matias :D.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 12:22:22 pm
Yes, I understand you fully, but right now I think focus is on improving the economics of the game (maintenance, etc.) to make a game that is much more fun than the fun today :) Then we can shift focus onto getting more players

Anzatax

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:37:22 pm
Is anything major on the to-do list right now? Like seating classes, for example?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 12:31:31 pm
In the near future nothing but more passengers. But we are working behind the scenes to improve the realism of the game :)

Anzatax

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 04:21:49 am
I am wondering, is it realistic to ask for aircraft to be delivered on after the other? For example, after the two "months" or so of waiting time for the delivery of a 737, one should be delivered every "day" or two or even more until the order is completed. Because right now we are able to receive as many aircraft as we like on a certain "day", but I don't believe that in the real world United Airlines can take delivery of 25 Boeing 777's a day. :D

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 02:51:19 pm
Yeah, it's something we have in our thoughts, but not something we are addressing right now. We want to make the economy and maintenanc a bit more realistic first for it to make sense to receive aircraft slower

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk