How as the admin of a world add a broker to same

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:03:49 pm
You can drop us a line on :staff: and we will see to it. I don't remember whether it costs any tokens though

FaheyLynn

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 07:59:43 am
Can I contact you through the channels you provide?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 09:43:53 am
Yes, our email is :staff: in case you want anything - or you can just ask us here in the forum

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 06:46:41 pm
Yes, our email is :staff: in case you want anything - or you can just ask us here in the forum

I would like to either add a broker to the world I am in, or ask what are the qualifications of becoming a private world broker, if I wanted to see if i could become a broker? I am not the owner of the private world I am in...can only the world owner request to add a broker? The PW I am in is: PW3345 World Span Mk2. My airline is Metalurgy International.
My ID: 32962. 

How do brokers work when, at the start of a world, no one has much money, yet the brokers still have access to planes to sell to the players?

Are brokers actual players in the world?

Thank you for your responses to my questions. Happy flying!  :)

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 09:57:52 pm

I would like to either add a broker to the world I am in, or ask what are the qualifications of becoming a private world broker, if I wanted to see if i could become a broker? I am not the owner of the private world I am in...can only the world owner request to add a broker? The PW I am in is: PW3345 World Span Mk2. My airline is Metalurgy International.
My ID: 32962. 

How do brokers work when, at the start of a world, no one has much money, yet the brokers still have access to planes to sell to the players?

Are brokers actual players in the world?

Thank you for your responses to my questions. Happy flying!  :)

Not sure where to add this. How exactly do I start a new topic/thread in the forums? I don't see a button for it. Thanks for the rapid responses!  Happy flying!!   :)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 12:23:07 pm
Thanks for your interest in being an aircraft broker.

Brokering private worlds is typically requested by the world owner. We charge a nominal fee for the broker (10 tokens per broker plus a 10 token change fee), and that cost can only be paid by the world owner.

When a broker is appointed to a world what I generally do is apply a start-up package, which is worth €30m or so in value. It is a random mix of generally low value planes that is assigned. I also apply a starting cash balance of €250m and offer a few top-up packages after that. The total value of broker incentives is €1bn over a couple of real weeks.

The broker is expected to generate all of their income from the brokerage business and as such cannot operate an airline. Otherwise there is a risk the broker will use the resources given to them to beat everyone else in the world. For a similar reason the broker does not appear in airline rankings as that would distort the picture a little.

The broker will get discounts on aircraft that come through the aircraft request system, at 10% off the list price, which they can pass onto airlines by offering negative mark-ups. Aside from that the broker must generate enough cash through leases and sales to fund their growth, it can be quite challenging at times.

If you are interested in trying to broker a world we can put you in the next public world that opens up. It's actually a fun role and can provide a different type of fun to running a standard airline.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 01:51:14 pm
Thanks for your interest in being an aircraft broker.

Brokering private worlds is typically requested by the world owner. We charge a nominal fee for the broker (10 tokens per broker plus a 10 token change fee), and that cost can only be paid by the world owner.

When a broker is appointed to a world what I generally do is apply a start-up package, which is worth €30m or so in value. It is a random mix of generally low value planes that is assigned. I also apply a starting cash balance of €250m and offer a few top-up packages after that. The total value of broker incentives is €1bn over a couple of real weeks.

The broker is expected to generate all of their income from the brokerage business and as such cannot operate an airline. Otherwise there is a risk the broker will use the resources given to them to beat everyone else in the world. For a similar reason the broker does not appear in airline rankings as that would distort the picture a little.

The broker will get discounts on aircraft that come through the aircraft request system, at 10% off the list price, which they can pass onto airlines by offering negative mark-ups. Aside from that the broker must generate enough cash through leases and sales to fund their growth, it can be quite challenging at times.

If you are interested in trying to broker a world we can put you in the next public world that opens up. It's actually a fun role and can provide a different type of fun to running a standard airline.

Thanks for the quick response, Stephen.  :) 

I'll think on it and let you know soon. Thanks as well for the details regarding brokering. It will definitely help me with my decision.

Right now, I am focusing on the PW I am in, as it looks like I could be near the top the whole way. It would be the first time in AM I may possibly finish in the top 10, let alone possibly first. Do we get any bonuses if we finish first in our world? And believe me, I know it will become a different monster if I am still first later in the game, as other players come on and chip away at my load factors and main cities.  LOL  I'm looking forward to it.  Have a great day and happy flying! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk