Airline Mogul Forum

List the fuel prices

Mr.Burns

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 13, 2016, 03:00:17 am
A few weeks ago I dug up an old post concerning fuel burn rates - and now I can't find it. 

That thread stated that the fuel rate is per flight hour - but what is the cost per gallon/liter?  Other threads I pulled up said that the price does change from year to year to account for inflation and whatnot, but I can't seem to find out what I'm actually paying for fuel. 

I'm very pragmatic and make my plane purchases based on algorithms I use for (purchase) cost per seat mile, but I want to be able to base that on operational cost per seat mile.  For example in World 3185 the Caravelle's are pretty bitchin' planes but you have three (well - two good) options, the N and the R.  They are priced $200,000 apart and have a 2 gallon/liter burn difference.   Without knowing what I'm paying for fuel, it's impossible to know which has the advantage over it's 1, 2, or 3 year lifespan. 

Could we have the fuel costs listed somewhere in the admin or operations pages? 

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 10:02:41 am
I have to owe you an answer here. Maybe Daniel or Stephen can help us here? :)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 02:59:49 pm
My impression is that the fuel price is based on historical data. But then, it has been a few years since we last discussed this... so I could be wrong...  ^-^
Plus, that is not the exact number so not sure if it helps. :lol:

But to answer your question... there is a clear winner between the Caravelle's. The one with shorter range is best in terms of ROI.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:03:24 pm by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk