Airline Mogul Forum

PW#2912 - Randomly got reset out of the blue

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 02, 2015, 03:02:38 pm
I'm absolutely livid writing this message. I play in PW#2912 as China Airways (as some of you may have seen my visual airline reports here) and all was going well up to now. I was one of the top 3 airlines and had a number of aircraft on order. This morning I logged in and I have been randomly reset back to nothing! All my routes are closed, aircraft is gone and everything I have worked on so far is totally lost!

I contacted the world owner but he has not responded so not sure if he was the one who did the reset but I have noticed that both the airlines based in China (another and myself) were reset. Not to raise suspicion but we were both in the top 3 airlines of the world and another airline (the owner of this world's airline) started operations in Beijing where we were already really strong - is it just me or does this sound a bit dodgy and did he purposely reset both me and the other guy so he can 'take over' in China? Or can this by some sort of chance be a technical game glitch/error?

As you can imagine I am furious! I have been playing AM for nearly 5 years now and never has this happened to me before. I am fuming especially since I was doing so well and really enjoyed doing the airline reports. If this guy did reset me maliciously, does this not go against the game ethics and behaviour of players towards others? Not a happy lad right now and I hope someone at AM will be able to provide me with some answers and/or feedback on this situation.

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 04:20:18 pm
Dear GoldDragonFly,

I can totally understand your frustration with what has happened - although we must allow Airline Mogul staff to investigate & confirm your initial feeling that your airline was removed on such flimsy premises by the world owner.

For playing Airline Mogul for a long time and extensively, I would --just like you-- become quite enraged at having my airline removed, simply because a player is a "bad sport". On these points I will leave Airline Mogul staff respond and/or react. 

My points here are two-fold:

1 - Importance of maintaining a system to either remove or reset airlines

I have run & created a couple of private worlds over the years. For me, it is quite imperative that the world creator maintain control over "remove" or "reset" functions.

1.1 "Reset" function is required because players will occasionally request that we re-set their bankrupt airline so that they can start from scratch

1.2 "Remove" function is important particularly in VERY LONG game worlds, because it is imperative that inactive airlines be removed on a regular basis, or else old and defunct airlines will "pollute" the game world for other players.

However this is not the first time that such abuse by one or two highly unethical and irregular world owners has led to legitimate players being removed or reset without valid reason - and this is totally unfair.

1.3 Potential solutions : "Reset" could be done only by requesting airline mogul staff to complete the operation, but this would lead to a lot of more work for them. "Remove" could be done differently to avoid user input, namely the airlines could "remove" themselves automatically after X amount of time has passed since they became inactive.

2 - Invitation to my world :)

I know at this stage you are so frustrated you may not be thinking of beginning a new airline; but you are most welcome to come settle private world #2650, which has 20 years left of game-time, and which I manage ethically & fairly (100% guaranteed!).
Also in my world, the forum is probably more active than in others, with several players enjoying to post updates on their airline progress, etc... So you would be most welcome!

Best regards, and sorry to hear about what happened to your airline.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:23:05 pm by Thunderstruck »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 12:18:10 am
Hello,

Thunderstruck is right. The private worlds are completely in control of the owner, and we as staff will only enforce Airline Mogul rules. There is nothing we the staff can do about this right now, sorry.
When we allow the world owners to reset and delete airlines, it is mostly for convenience. Adding to the points noted above, you can also ask your world owner for a reset or deletion. Of course, if the owner is inactive, you can still contact us.

I am sorry for your bad experience with that specific world. If the reset was an accident, we can try to restore your airline as best as possible - of course only with the world owner's approval.

As for Thunderstruck's world, it seems nice :)

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 10:20:58 am
Thanks for your feedback guys. I know there is nothing to do about it but I just think it would've been a decent thing to explain why this happened. Now, 24 hours later, I still have not heard a single word from the world owner - bad taste. I will have a look at your world Thunderstruck.  :)

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 12:35:59 pm
Does that mean no more airline reports? :(

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 02:25:12 pm
Does that mean no more airline reports? :(

I'm afraid so yes.  :'( I have decided to not start over from scratch again in that world but instead will now just join another world where hopefully people are treated more fairly. I will be back with more reports, but this time with a new airline in a new world.  :)

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 02:36:59 pm
I will look forward to your reports, they're very thorough :)

skh0627

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Raydon Designs
Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 11:37:44 am
Oh man...I smell someone that was just jealous of your airline and removed you. I can really sympathize, especially since it looked like you really put your heart into those amazing trip reports.

On a side note, what do you guys think about creators that just disappear from their world? Been in a couple of those...

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 05:32:02 pm
Maybe the world can be auctioned, so other users can bid credits or something to take over moderation? :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk