Airline Mogul Forum

why, why, why!?!?

SR-International

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 10:46:09 am
Quote from: "Christopherwoo"
Just out of interest. what's everyone's DOP's? Mine's almost 27 million a day.

Well, 27 million sounds a lot. :) But what's the average DOP per plane?That's the interesting point to me. ;)
img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/DaVi_AC/1e02d022.gif[/img]

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 12:54:28 pm
talk about DOP drop.. I left for 10 days.. and when I got back.. my DOP went from 104 mil to 63 mil... competition is great, embrace it! 8)
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

Christopherwoo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 01:11:49 pm
Quote from: "SR-International"
Quote from: "Christopherwoo"
Just out of interest. what's everyone's DOP's? Mine's almost 27 million a day.

Well, 27 million sounds a lot. :) But what's the average DOP per plane?That's the interesting point to me. ;)

erm well i have a vary varied fleet, im leasing about 32 737-er's for 1.35 million a month, leasing a couple of 747's for 10 million, couple of 757's. and now im starting to make quite a bit of money from leasing 777's i've still got about 18 on order.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 01:31:30 pm
10 million? Leasing in? That's still quite expensive. The most I'll ever lease in at is €8 million, which is why I don't lease in a lot. My value is about €38 billion, DOP still around €40 million but since I'm ceasing airline operations for this round and focussing on being a broker, that will soon be 0.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 01:34:56 pm
I had a DOP of 120+ million per month.

10 million is expensive to lease in but is only fair to lease out. I would admit that my lease rates for large planes are high, but then I don't like ordering large planes to lease out. (So... either pay me or you don't get it... afterall I have to survive too).
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Philippine Airlines Virtual
Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 01:36:12 pm
My DOP has gone from 25+Mil to 8Mil in a matter of days, due to the 'competition' we seem to be getting in Asia, In fact, Im bold enough to say at the current situation most of Asia is Saturated, in a matter of 3 days 4 new airlines HUB'ed my Main HUB, it didn't stop their.. Sad to say, i don't even bother editing my routes anymore, i seriously have more to do than go on the website to, update 150+ flights, which will take a few hours, then i have to try and save my DOP, which goes down a few mil a day due to these foreign airlines basing 50 CRJ's a day with all 0.5 freq. etc, you get my drift.. Sadly, i just don't find that any FUN. the reason i play at least, realism, entertainment.. right now im not experiencing any of that, I have higher hopes for next round though!  :)

:roll:

Hope we get rid of these multi's , BTW, will their be a system to report 'suspicous' airlines? some are fairly suss looking, not naming anyone.....

Christopherwoo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 01:38:12 pm
im still making a small profit on the 747's for 10 million. Its not so much geting proft on the long routes, its limiting the growth of my competitors from gatwick. if some of my competitors were the only airline flying some of the long haul routes they would make a killing and muscle me out the shourt haul routes. This way i can have a bit more control!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 01:49:55 pm
Quote from: "tomauer"
Sad to say, i don't even bother editing my routes anymore, i seriously have more to do than go on the website to, update 150+ flights, which will take a few hours, then i have to try and save my DOP, which goes down a few mil a day. ..Sadly, i just don't find that any FUN.

will their be a system to report 'suspicous' airlines?....

The same reason I suspended my airline operation. Editing routes is no fun.

PM StephenM or DanielD. That is the system :wink:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 02:11:40 pm
I tend to survive quite well with my ridicoulously low leasing rates :) But clearly, most of my money is made from selling planes. The only good thing about leasing out large planes is that when the airplane is returned, I can sell it on for quite a lot of money. And I do get a nice-looking customer base from it. But really, that's about all the advantages of it.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 03:59:30 pm
OMG...
i've just been forced to close my first ever route which i had with my ATR-72-500 LHR-rotterdam due to competition  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

anyone wanna buy a ATR from me for 15 million?

Spaceball

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 05:05:56 pm
My DOP is 5million a day. Its really easy to make good Money in Europe in these days. On some routes I have just 2% market share but I make 45k a day with an single airplane. Just because I can ask for a high price for a 0.5 frequency. On other routes I have 10 flights a day and make 35k but 95% or 100% marketshare.

I once leased a Jumbo for 15million and when I calculated what I will earn I realised that small leased airplanes make a good revenue but my Jumbo produced a loss of almost 10million a month. So I waited until I could purchase the bird directly from Airbus.

There are so many routes were there is no competetor getting in your way. I will spread my wings to these routes. Especially small airports produce a good revenue because most players tend to have glamouros routes and big jumbos. I better stick with my puny little aircrafts and fly from small airports to small airports. When you create a route and you know that the passengers are about 1000 than you know you have to go for that route.

@iranair777

Err, why don't you just rent a gate on a different airport and send your ATR making Money?

cu, Spaceball
roud Member of SAG

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 09:20:32 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
I tend to survive quite well with my ridicoulously low leasing rates :) But clearly, most of my money is made from selling planes. The only good thing about leasing out large planes is that when the airplane is returned, I can sell it on for quite a lot of money. And I do get a nice-looking customer base from it. But really, that's about all the advantages of it.

Will Orange Air set up a frequent buyer programme? :D  :D
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 09:56:59 pm
If that's what you mean, if we notice you buy a lot of planes from us, you will get a discount. And let's just say you're definitely one of the airlines I'd think would apply to that category :)

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 10:20:33 pm
Thanks MrOrange :)
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk