Airline Mogul Forum

Lease Cancel

Picky

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 10, 2012, 11:01:28 pm
Hi

I have a problem and it has lead me to do some thinking,

I have a lease of 975months on an agreement with the airline and the airline is now inactive, I would like to have the leases returned because the aircraft are too old and it wont happen and I cant afford the maintenace costs

My suggestion is ethier somthing to sort out my situation directly AND/OR a new system that automatically cancels all leases when a inactive period is made OR it becomes availible for the leaser to cancel the codeshare

Thanks
PS: really need some help with my issue

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:45:08 pm
There was always an intention to do a lease cancellation system. I like to try to keep everyone happy and I could never get consensus on the issue. In hindsight I should have just implemented for the greater good. :)

My main advice to you is to keep lease duration's short, these situations occur but more importantly you should build your business model around disposing of the aircraft before they get too costly when you try to be a broker. Typically what I did as a broker was to lease an aircraft out for 2-3 years and when they get returned just sell them at 50% of value for a quick sale. I normally made a good return and always had low maintenance costs.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk