Airline Mogul Forum

Can't fly route???

sunflowerair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 15, 2012, 06:39:12 am
In world PW#2442, it's 1957.  I have a L1649 Starliner, range 7194mi. I'm trying to fly LHR-EZE (Ministro Pistarini International, Buenos Aires) the distance is only 6,928mi.  But AM says the aircraft is not capable of flying the route.  Can anyone explain this to me?

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:59:07 am
Starliner is slow and due speed this route will take more than 24 hours, as i am calculating correctly its 24,1 h. and AM is using 24 hours, you cant make this route, you will need faster a/c-
Central Europe Brokerage, official broker, ID15523.

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 04:53:10 pm
Pity that, in 1957 there aren't any other aircraft with that range and there wont be for quite some time. It seems that during the early jet age (50's & 60's) one had to sacrifice range for speed and vice versa. The even bigger pity is that the Starliners were famous for their extraordinary range, though the longest flight ever done by a Starliner, a TWA bird on a non stop San Diego - Heathrow service, was just short of 24 hours. I guess you and me both will have to wait for the 747SP in the 70's.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:39:24 am
It is something that has come up from time to time. I never looked at putting in a range cap to make sure an aircraft could get to its range limit within 24 hours. If you spent a lot of money buying the plane for routes it cannot fly I can remove them and refund you the price you paid. I am sure you can find somewhere else to fly them though.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk