Airline Mogul Forum

Two suggestions

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
on: June 12, 2012, 05:01:23 am
It's not as much of an issue for the standard 10-year public worlds, but if a player joins a long-term private world later in the game, they might be outclassed with the starting aircraft. Maybe it should be possible to set the starting aircraft to change every set number of years (either five or ten) so players who come in late won't start with such an outdated aircraft.

My other suggestion is related to continents. Would it be possible to have an option where continents can be set to arrivals only? I'm currently in the Asia/Australasia/Middle East public world and I was thinking of what it would be like to have US markets available in that game. However, to keep the game As/Au/ME-centric, if North America was available, it would be arrival only and you could only fly to that continent, not from it. Would it be possible to implement that as an option when choosing continents during world setup?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 03:05:47 am
It's not as much of an issue for the standard 10-year public worlds, but if a player joins a long-term private world later in the game, they might be outclassed with the starting aircraft. Maybe it should be possible to set the starting aircraft to change every set number of years (either five or ten) so players who come in late won't start with such an outdated aircraft.
It is definitely something to be addressed. What I do normally is if the world owner emails us at  :staff: I will change the starting aircraft to what they want, with an associated cost if its greater than the value of the world at the time of creation, plus the standard change fee. This is only to stop someone selecting a small prop at first then changing to an A320 later hoping to get the upgrade for free.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 03:06:21 am
My other suggestion is related to continents. Would it be possible to have an option where continents can be set to arrivals only? I'm currently in the Asia/Australasia/Middle East public world and I was thinking of what it would be like to have US markets available in that game. However, to keep the game As/Au/ME-centric, if North America was available, it would be arrival only and you could only fly to that continent, not from it. Would it be possible to implement that as an option when choosing continents during world setup?
In theory it is possible to do this with a bit of messing, if you start a world with just one continent, lets say Asia, and select no foreign bases. You can then email us to add the rest of the continents, and provided you don't increase the foreign base cap, you will be forced to fly into those additional continents only. To get it to work without that work around would take a bit of changing around. I'm not 100% sure if the benefit would be that impressive, there may be other items that need attention first.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk