Airline Mogul Forum

NEW BASES IN BIG AIRPORT NOT ALLOWED

aircisky

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 18, 2012, 08:24:22 am
Hi !

I'm very happy come back to AM.
I'm writingyou for my ideas about the situation of big airports ( In Europe, USA and Asia)
Everyone starts on a based airport, and increase its company.
After, the player decides to expand the company and take a new base in a new airport... in the same continent.
For example...
I start on AMSTERDAM... then a new bases on HEATHROW... then PARIS CDG... then MADRID ....then FRANKFURT...
In this way in a very small time one company with many airplanes, and too much money take controll of the most important airports .
How can a new small, or a middle company try to fight on this city?

My idea is to controll the bases on the biggest airports.

The airports must be divided in different rank. And you can take only two bases in the top ranking airport.

For example I fix a base on Paris CDG... OK... then I can fix a new base on Heatrow.... But I cant take a third bases on AMSTERDAM.

In this way, there is a chance for alla players... the last one too.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:53:10 pm
How can a new small, or a middle company try to fight on this city?

It's very easy.

My idea is to controll the bases on the biggest airports.

The airports must be divided in different rank. And you can take only two bases in the top ranking airport.

For example I fix a base on Paris CDG... OK... then I can fix a new base on Heatrow.... But I cant take a third bases on AMSTERDAM.

Interesting idea, but then people would simply base at the largest 300k airports when they've used up their 350k quota.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

aircisky

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 04:13:38 pm
Of course...
BUt at the moment in world 2305, there are company with base at Heatrow, Frankfurt, Asterdam, Paris CDG, Madrid, Zurich.
In real life this solution is impossible.....
AIRFRANCE based in everyone this airports??
Only with an alliance.
One small company that starts in a big airport, and incoming after just a little time, must fight with a small plane (20-25 seats) agaist company with Boeing Aurbus and 150-200 seats planes.
With a big plane you make a low price ticket.
With a small plane you are forced to sowngrade your price ticket.
I'll take more time to increase your bank money

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 03:35:47 pm
BUt at the moment in world 2305, there are company with base at Heatrow, Frankfurt, Asterdam, Paris CDG, Madrid, Zurich.

No it isn't. Both openskies, various free trade regulations and most importantly, the European Union, allows any airline to operate out of any commercial airport in the European Union as well as Switzerland and Norway, without any hindrance from national governments.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:12:45 pm
As Virgin Serbia says, Airline Mogul is built upon the open skies principle, allowing any airline to fly from anywhere in the world to anywhere in the world.

One small company that starts in a big airport, and incoming after just a little time, must fight with a small plane (20-25 seats) agaist company with Boeing Aurbus and 150-200 seats planes.
With a big plane you make a low price ticket.
With a small plane you are forced to sowngrade your price ticket.
I'll take more time to increase your bank money
Like in real life, you will have to find your niche with low competition. If a big airport is saturated, move on to another not so crowded airport. By doing that you will avoid competition, earn money, and finally be able to hit on those big airlines. Be creative with your bases, and be patient. It pays off.

If you are still unhappy with the competition, consider joining a private world. In my own opinion, PW 2169 is quite good, it has many airlines, but not too many.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 09:47:38 pm

Later in a game world, there will be more aircraft available on the used market, which means you can get more value out your cash.

And, if you have a small plane, why are you even considering flying against competition with much larger aircraft?

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk