Airline Mogul Forum

Buying airlines?

haliu

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 25, 2012, 12:03:19 am
In my world Public worlds #2195 Deregulation and other completed worlds, people have reported that they *bought* airlines. I think this actually happened because in 2195, it started out with 48+2 players. Now it is only 39+2 players. It is because that people buy airlines so that person would be taken out of the rankings. Or is it that an inactive airline would be taken out?

If this people actually *bought* airlines then how do I? I've got 1.1 billion dollars in the bank. I wouldn't mind buying a smaller airline.

Also, it is logical to buy an airline?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 03:45:47 am
It is probably the inactive airlines dropping out.

There is no way to "buy" or "takeover" an airline in AM. This is to prevent the top few airlines from doing a hostile takeover of the world.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

haliu

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:23:05 am
Then is it possible to create a merger? I've also seen people say that they've combined their airlines into one bigger airline

OO-SCZ

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:11:39 am
That would kinda be the same as a takeover as every airline is linked to one person's ID.
In fact, it is impossible to have multiple airlines per ID.
And as it is impossible to buy someone else's airline, a merger isn't possible too.

I think those people weren't happy any longer with their airline's profile.
The journalist in them then took over and began telling about a merger or a takeover to, in some way, justify the "rebranding" of their airline.
What is chiefly needed is skill rather than machinery.
- Wilbur Wright, letter to Octave Chanute, 13 May 1900.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 05:15:19 pm
As OO-SCZ said its due to the fact we only allow one airline per ID in the game. Everything is tied back to your unique user ID so it makes it nearly impossible to change that.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk