Airline Mogul Forum

[Debug] New Table Structure

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: February 24, 2012, 12:02:12 pm
Ladies and gentlemen,

Today I would like to announce the bug testing phase for a new kind of table structure we implemented, and we would like your opinion on it. Currently, we've only launched it on "View Routes", but if you like it, we might just put it in almost everywhere. The main features for this kind of table structure thingy are the following:

• Automatic Pagination, choose the number of items you want to see and no loading time for page change.
  • Easy sorting, just click the column header and the table will sort all the data instantly without page load. Also: use Shift+Click to sort by two colums.
  • Instant Filtering, just type the text you want to see in the field above the table and the table will instantly show what you need.

Just go to the regular View Routes page, and then click the button on the top for New View Routes.

After you've seen and used the page, please don't hesitate to come here and let us know what you think!

Thanks for your help,

Rens den Uijl
Airline Mogul - R&D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:25:04 pm by MrOrange »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 02:42:21 pm
I can't sort the routes, and I can't select all the routes by the top-most box. I am using Opera, could that be why?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:01:01 pm
Regarding the top-most checkbox, I think I know the issue there, and it can be solved quite easily. What's going on, basically, is that clicking the checkbox does in fact select all the routes currently visible in the table, but also makes the system think you want to change the sorting setting. So essentially, it selects, then sorts, making most if not all of the checked routes invisible. I'll work on moving the checkbox later.

Regarding it not sorting on Opera, I don't seem to be able to replicate that problem seeing as it does work correctly when I check it in Opera. Can you get me screenshots so I can maybe see why it doesn't work?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 05:29:52 pm
It works now. It was just that it showed all routes at once, instead of showing ten at the time.

Also, the sorting logic seems weird. I want to sort by plane, then by profit (*vegetable*f-clicking on both), but the profit sorting begins at 100k, regardless if it's ascending or descending. Screenshots here:

PW# 2169, ID# 14837

One last question will it be possible to select to view all routes in one table, like the old version, but with the new features?

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 06:31:17 pm
Looks amazing ty

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:53:14 pm
It works now. It was just that it showed all routes at once, instead of showing ten at the time.

Also, the sorting logic seems weird. I want to sort by plane, then by profit (*vegetable*f-clicking on both), but the profit sorting begins at 100k, regardless if it's ascending or descending. Screenshots here:

One last question will it be possible to select to view all routes in one table, like the old version, but with the new features?

Seems like you were one of the first people to encounter the Cookie Bug. The system was first setup to save your last sorting state, but having that feature turned out to essentially disable the entire system. We caught the bug just after release (before release, it strangely didn't show up) and it's fixed now, so that's probably why it didn't work at first for you. What you do know now, is that if the system fails, at least the table will still show :)

About the sorting logic: This implementation is an early version, the sorting doesn't take into account the fact that the data is actually financial so it'll just sort alphabetically. We'll get to fixing that eventually :p

And yes, that'll be possible, obviously! Or at least I'll make sure it will be.

Grawood

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 06:55:52 pm
It's not sorting by profit properly - Firefox 10.0.2

Pic 1 is sorted by profit ascending - it's put the 100K+ ones first...

Pic 2 is sorted by profit descending - its put the 100K+ ones at the bottom.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:06:42 pm by Grawood »
SeagullAir (SGL)
Public #2505
Airline Mogul - See my airline

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 08:02:43 pm
@Grawood: as noted above, that's because (for the time being) it decides to do alphabetical sorting instead of the normal numeric sorting. Will be fixed in a later release.

Grawood

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 08:06:37 pm
Ah OK, sorry I missed the explanation above.

Well it looks pretty good, nice work - can't wait for HS to be activated, if that's what I think it is  :D
SeagullAir (SGL)
Public #2505

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 08:14:52 pm
Oh yes, HS is what you think it is :p

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 10:48:29 pm
When will it be active?

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 10:54:05 am
When will it be active?
Already is, just select 'new view routes' on the view routes page

Rens, any chance you can increase the gap between the hubs? seems too clustered with no space

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 12:45:41 pm
Already is, just select 'new view routes' on the view routes page

The link is currently disabled on that page.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 09:36:58 am
Changelog:

1. Much to my own surprise, I managed to javascript (which, let's put it mildly, am not quite proficient in) a code to correctly sort by route profit. Let me know if it doesn't work, as far as I can see it does! The same applies to percentages, the sorting for those was wrong too but it's fixed now!

2. Replaced HS with icon. Feature will follow at some point in time ;)

3. Slightly increased the margin between tables when viewing routes per hub

4. Added option to view all routes (options are now 10, 25, 50, 100, All)

5. Some minor efficiency tweaks

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:18:03 am by MrOrange »

Grawood

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 10:12:49 am
Yup, sorts correctly by profit now  - nothing wrong with your javascript skills  :D
SeagullAir (SGL)
Public #2505

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk