Airline Mogul Forum

Trying out a new in-game tool

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: January 20, 2012, 11:48:47 pm
I've added a small link to the top right of the screen, beside your user information and the current server time. Its called Support and it is basically a messaging system to contact the AM staff without having to email us or go to these forums, social media or the IRC. I've put it there to be subtle and allow us to change things around a little bit while we iron out how exactly we want to manage it.

I sent out a message through that new system today to highlight a new public world that has opened. The message will disappear tomorrow so it won't be hanging around for too long. If you want to use that system to contact us directly feel free, we will be trying out different ways to best use it in order to highlight changes to the game and features/worlds that may be of interest. I don't want it becoming spammy with marketing messages though so don't expect us going overboard.

It is designed to get in touch with the many players that don't engage on the forums or other media and hopefully get their interest and feedback. Just something to watch out for. :)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:56:29 am
I noticed that "Support" button, Stephen, and it already alerted me of a new public world that I might be interested in joining in. It works well for me, yet I still am happy to send in emails when I need that formal touch (or for privacy purposes). Hopefully, you'll keep that feature should players need immediate support from the staff.

And btw, does that work too if I need to message you directly, or do I need to do it via email still?
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:41:52 am
It emails us too but provides a different system to manage the messages. Some players dont use their registered email address so this is our way of getting in touch with people who we cannot get through email.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk