Airline Mogul Forum

IMPORTANT - New Submit Airport Page

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: August 03, 2007, 11:14:59 pm
After long last we can finally release the submit airport page. Many thanks to those who have tested it, we are just finalising the admin side of it now.

If you have an airport to submit please use the form below;
http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/submit_airport.php

Notes:
The thing hates cargo numbers of 0; so wherever there is no cargo data please input 1 in the cargo field.

Passenger numbers should be Enplanements AND deplanements added together, please and thank you.

Latitude and Longitude should be in DECIMAL format, and contain 6 decimal points. if GC gives you a shorter then 6 decimal point answer, just toss on 0's to the end until it's 6 decimal places.

Submitted airports will be reviewed and added as per [primarily] Rick's, or another game staffer [typically less], schedule.  It will not be immediate, but typically submitted airports get into the game within a week.

Updating game numbers may take longer, Please submit any passenger / cargo number updates in an email to :staff:

The present goals for the Airport Data Officer [Rick] are to ICAO the present data [around 1000 airports away] and as follows:

Reach 75 airports in the MidEast
Reach 150 airports in Central America
Reach 175 airports in Central America
Reach 175 airports in Australiasia
Reach 200 airports in Australiasia
Reach 175 airports in Africa
Reach 200 airports in Africa.

These goals exist to try to help keep the games airport numbers in some semblence of balance.  Any assistance you can offer Rick in reaching these goals I'm sure is much appreciated.  If a goal is met, it's typically replaced with a goal at the next 25 airport increment in the more deficient continents.  This is by no means any form of message to discourage submissions in other continents, just an attempt to steer some attention to the smaller continents.

The minimum numbers for addition are 1 passenger [commercial/air taxi/etc.] annually and/or 1 tonne of cargo annually.  AS presently cargo is an incomplete portion of the game, we please ask that the minimum of 1 passenger be met.

Preferred sources are government agencies [FAA, beaureaus of statistics, etc], Airport websites, and websites of those who own/operate the airports. Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source, and should be avoided where possible.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 01:19:00 pm
I am currently working on submitting some airports in Central America. I have found this page for pax data in Dominican Republic:

http://www.bancentral.gov.do/estadisticas_economicas/sector_turismo/lleg_total_2006.xls

I noticed that the in-game data are wrong:

POP Puerto Plata Airport 1,732,507 37 100,000 70,547  Dominican Republic
SDQ Santo Domingo-Las Americas Air 2,400,000 1 100,000 0  Dominican Republic

As per official 2006 pax numbers POP had 629.433 and SDQ had 1.279.327. The 1.7M pax number should be assigned to Punta Cana (not in game yet).

If you could update the pax numbers for POP and SDQ I will submit the four remaining ones from the list mentioned above.

EDIT:
Just noticed that I probably made a mistake. The link I mentioned above provides the arriving passengers for the airports only. The table does not include departures. Do we need to submit both in total (there is a second table for departures available)? If so please update the pax numbers for the following airports:

LAS AMERICAS           2,601,903
PUERTO PLATA    1,205,793
PUNTA CANA    3,448,584
LA ROMANA    491,650
CIBAO                    973,541
LA ISABELA*     32,823

*Could not find Lat/Long & RW length.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 10:25:56 am
I am currently working on airports in South Africa. I have found new pax data for the following airports on www.airports.co.za which you may update (numbers provided by Fiscal Year April 2006/ March 2007 incl. dep+arr):

Cape Town CPT 7,518,543
Johannesburg JNB 17,794,100
Durban DUR 4,257,714
Bloemfontein BFN 353,723
East London ELS 696,515
George GRJ 597,910
Kimberley KIM 132,358
Port Elizabeth PLZ 1,438,845
Upington UTN 40,571
Pilanesberg NTY 10,117  <- Please check spelling. In game it is Pilanseberg on ACSA page it is Pilanesberg

Trivia:
Durban will probably be replaced by King Shaka International Airport for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Just keep that in mind for future developments  :wink:

edit: Updated - AEB

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 10:58:28 am
Now it is time to update and add Botswana airports. Found this website http://www.cso.gov.bw/ where pax data for 6 airports in Botswana are provided. Unfortunatly the statistics are a little outdated as they are from 2004. Anyway I will add the four mssing airports to the game and provide the official pax data for the both that are already in the game here. So you may update them.

FRW Francistown 35,047
GBE Gaborone-Seretse Khama 290,464

edit: Updated - AEB

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 02:12:31 pm
Update for Entebbe, Uganda (2006 from http://www.caa.co.ug/ ):

Pax 373,882
Cargo 14,775

edit: updated AEB

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 08:49:57 pm
Please update the pax data for the airports in Finland that can be found here http://www.finavia.fi/files/finavia/matkustajat_eng_pdf/0_INET_matk_lentoasemittainEN.joulu06.pdf

I will submit the airports for Finland missing in the game tomorrow as it is late now.

EDIT: Updated - AEB

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 01:33:07 pm
I noticed that most Thai data for domestic airports was updated till November 2007 now :) So I guess a couple of more weeks untill I can send an update again. Some airports have grown spectacular. Especially Phuket which will probably hit 6.000.000 pax. It shows that Thailand has an open skies policy more or less allowing everyone to open flights to any airport. If only they could get Suvarnabhumi on track and start expanding it ..... IT will hit it's maximum of 45 mill pax this year. There is talk of more flights back to Don Meuang. I might add Don Meaung today based on the figures of 2007 from jan to jun and doubling those, which is still less then the actual figures at year end.

It is a shame the updates for Delhi and Mumbai haven't been done yet. As both of these airports have 16 mill pax according to the 2005 statistics, way more than in the game. And airtraffic in India, same like Thailand is expanding rapidly.

Waerth

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 09:41:39 am
I've cleaned out the thread a lot.  the 7 page thing was bugging me for some reason.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

vivtho

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 02:25:51 pm
I don't know if you are aware of the World Aeronautical Database (http://worldaerodata.com/).  It has detailed airport information for virtually every airport.

Just my $0.02
CEO Angel Wings (AVV) - Airline ID: 15003

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 02:40:21 pm
Quote from: "vivtho"
I don't know if you are aware of the World Aeronautical Database (http://worldaerodata.com/).  It has detailed airport information for virtually every airport.

Just my $0.02

It doesn't contain pax and cargo data, and it doesn't have "virtually every airport". It has 47 chinese airports listed, while there are over 100 airports in China, as reported by CAAC (and this is just for example).
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

vivtho

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 03:03:51 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "vivtho"

Just my $0.02

It doesn't contain pax and cargo data, and it doesn't have "virtually every airport". It has 47 chinese airports listed, while there are over 100 airports in China, as reported by CAAC (and this is just for example).

I just happened to come across the site today.  I was able to give a result for every airport I could throw at it, including some really small ones in India.  Anyway, I'lk keep an eye out for a site with more information.
CEO Angel Wings (AVV) - Airline ID: 15003

Malaysia Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 01:54:45 am
Please update all Malaysian Airports. Data reference can be found on this website. Thanks

*link edited out by dktc: thanks, we will soon*
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:25:27 am by dktc »

NekoChan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 02:12:44 pm
There are many Indonesian Airport is not updated :( :( :(, please update all indonesian airport... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :) :) :)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 03:09:12 pm
They should have 2007 pax data. I can't seem to find the data for 2008.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 09:49:27 pm
There are many Indonesian Airport is not updated :( :( :(, please update all indonesian airport... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :) :) :)
you can always help in that process by gathering data by searching the web ;)

(wiki is not a accepted means of gathering data and you must have a source and must be more recent than 2007)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk