Airline Mogul Forum

Regulation Era World

Cloudscraper

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 10, 2012, 09:59:37 pm
Would anyone be interested in a regulation era game, one where you not only take control of an airline, but also of a countries ministry of aviation?

The first airline established in each country would be the flag carrier, and would be in control of  all takeoff, landing and probably overflight rights in that country.

Overflights would be allowed if only a small diversion is required to avoid the blocking country.

Subsequent airlines in each country would be able to compete freely in and from there home country, but would still be regulated by foreign ministries of aviation.

As it is so large, the USA may have to be divided into several regulatory authorities depending either on the location of the US airport; or on the origin of the foreign flight/airline.

If you are interested such a world, what area should it cover, and what year should it start, and do you have any other suggestions?

I have the tokens to create such a world.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:04:29 pm
It sounds interesting, but it will need a lot of players to fill up just Europe and US/Canada.

I like the Idea, what year will the world start in?

Cloudscraper

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:43:29 pm
I like the Idea, what year will the world start in?
I was thinking 1947 or 1992, but I'm open to suggestions.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 04:07:03 am
I love the idea. and Lately I've been really digging modern worlds, as much as I love old aircraft, I think a world starting in 2000 is absolutely perfect. But if I had to choose between 1947 or 1992, definitely 1992. Also if you decide to create such a world I would like to be the flag carrier the USA or at least one of those portions you talked about.

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 11:20:23 pm
I like the idea, but the US would definitely have to be divided up.

If you play this, I'll take Mexico.

danielkang1234

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 03:24:57 am
I would defiantly take Canada. Actually, you say the US is so big, what about russia, or canada?

Cloudscraper

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 02:41:52 pm
I like the idea, but the US would definitely have to be divided up.
I am thinking that the USA would have three flag carriers, one for routes to Europe, Africa, Canada, Russia and the Middle East (and regulating US domestic flights by foreign carriers from those regions), one for Latin America, and one for the Pacific (Australasia and south, east and central Asia).

I would defiantly take Canada. Actually, you say the US is so big, what about russia, or canada?
Russia and Canada cover large areas, but have relatively few people and air travellers, for instance the USA has 23 airports busier than Moscow Domodedovo, Russias largest.

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 06:42:07 am
Any update on this?

teranghee

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 01:07:05 am
I think this is a great way to help people with their management skills so I LOVE it , oh , by the way ... I'll have Australasia :D , ilive in New Zealand :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk