Airline Mogul Forum

Scrapped aircraft and aircraft rankings

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
on: January 01, 2012, 08:50:29 am
I'm playing in my own PW (#2131) and the only other player seems to have gone inactive. As a result, trying to sell my old aircraft is pointless. Thus I just scrap them when I'm done with them. The problem is that entries for those aircraft still show up in the aircraft rankings.

For example, I had five ATR 72-200s which I scrapped. There is still an entry in the rankings list for that aircraft, even though the only five aircraft of that type were the ones I owned and scrapped. The individual page for the aircraft shows the ranking, the number of planes and a blank spot for the airline name. This applies to every aircraft of which I've scrapped ones.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 11:48:22 am
Basically when scrapping was setup we built in that where there are no brokers in a world my account would get most of the scraps instead. There are always some aircraft that are deleted anyway. It does not as you can see check if I am in a world before sending them to my account. Thats why they appear with no airline name attached.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 05:05:50 pm
How about making a dummy airline that doesn't appear in the aircraft rankings? Just like official brokers don't appear in rankings. That way they are no empty spaces.

If you scrap an aircraft, what happens to it?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 05:42:31 pm
How about making a dummy airline that doesn't appear in the aircraft rankings? Just like official brokers don't appear in rankings. That way they are no empty spaces.

If you scrap an aircraft, what happens to it?

Or it could check to see if I am in the world first befire sending them to me.

If I scrap a plane it is simply deleted.
Stephen Murphy

kmweber

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 02:18:24 am
Why would they not be deleted outright right away?  It seems to me that being "scrapped" means they are literally torn apart for their raw materials and parts, so they no longer exist as complete aircraft anyway.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 08:00:40 am
Why would they not be deleted outright right away?  It seems to me that being "scrapped" means they are literally torn apart for their raw materials and parts, so they no longer exist as complete aircraft anyway.

The idea is that they are sent to an aircraft broker who can then sell them to smaller airlines at very cheap rates. If nobody wants them the broker can finally have them removed.
Stephen Murphy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk