Airline Mogul Forum

PW2180 (Sojourner Dream) FULL - New world to be created

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 03:06:12 pm
The Baltic States or the Balkans would be interesting. Central Asia would be a challenge too. Maybe even Israel. I really don't have a clue. Just stay out of my hubs and I'll be happy :)

connor11493

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 06:19:44 am
Airline name: Stars and Stripes Airlines
Airline ICAO: SSA
Primary domicile: George Bush Intercontinental (IAH)

Thanks!

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 05:56:05 pm
I've never tried a hub in South America, so that would be interesting. I don't know where to base, though. Any suggestions?

danio100

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 09:07:41 pm
CityzExpresz
Based in london Heathrow

I'm looking forward to this world.

Change Hub and Name!!

FlyUAE
Dubai
Change Hub and Name!!

FlyVAE
Dubai
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:57:32 am by danio100 »

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 03:14:42 am
Whoa, I'm getting so many suggestions and registrations... Good news indeed. I'll tell you these, though:

- Base your airline anywhere you want, no problem for me. Make sure that you can make your airline profitable quickly with the aircraft I'll give you so that you can race to first place.

- I haven't had any airline in any of my private worlds that started in Africa, so your chance of being selected may be higher than expected. Also, Middle East as a base is a good idea, especially with the developments seen in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Doha.

- Of course, I see some of the usual suspects joining in, and yes, I will treat them fairly as I should (way more than expected). However, the lottery would prove to be an interesting contest indeed.

So my plan would be to start the new world around the second week of January, with start of February being the latest. However, I have these questions in mind:

- Do you think the start up money is a good amount, or do you want it a bit more?
- Are you happy with my start up aircraft, or would you like to have a different one?
- Would you like me to expand my number of spaces from 25 or 30 to around 40, or is it a bit too much?
- Do you think 21 AM years is too long for any of our players in a private world?

Of course, as I mentioned from the start, comments, suggestions, and new ideas are always welcome.
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 09:47:37 am
21 years is a bit long. Already ten years is a long time, especially when a big airline has to renew its whole fleet every 2-3 years.

The aircraft is good enough, but my general opinion regarding starting aircraft is that a mainstream aircraft is always better than an Airbus/Boeing/Douglas, because people will probably continue building their fleet from that aircraft. So this game will probably have a lot more Airbuses than the typical AM game.

The start up money is not relevant when the planes are so big. You are not in risk of getting bankrupt on the first day.

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 10:10:59 am
Airline name: Gran Sur Aerolíneas (Great South Airlines in English)
Starting base: Sao Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport

Cipher53

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 10:25:57 am
21 years is a bit long. Already ten years is a long time, especially when a big airline has to renew its whole fleet every 2-3 years.

The aircraft is good enough, but my general opinion regarding starting aircraft is that a mainstream aircraft is always better than an Airbus/Boeing/Douglas, because people will probably continue building their fleet from that aircraft. So this game will probably have a lot more Airbuses than the typical AM game.

The start up money is not relevant when the planes are so big. You are not in risk of getting bankrupt on the first day.
Eh, I think you might have misread his first post (Starting aircraft is two 737-500s, not the A320s), but aside from that I agree with your points.

Personally I was kinda interested in this PW simply because it had a lower amount of slots and would probably be populated with some good players, so if we end up adding too many slots to it I think that'll kill my motivation for joining.. :P

danio100

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 12:25:21 pm
My home made 735:

And 773
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:31:54 pm by danio100 »

tparaiso601

• Airline Operative
  • Avid AM player, future airline pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Account
Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011, 12:15:13 am
Airline Name: NortheastAmerican Airlines (NAA)
Hub: New York-John F. Kennedy International Airport

Excited to get back to AM after a hiatus!

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 01:51:36 am
Looks like I'm planning to host the lottery sooner than expected, meaning the world will open by around New Year's due to demand. Stay tuned for more updates.

And btw, have a happy and joyous Christmas to everyone.
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

lanchile

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 03:13:01 am
Airline Name: Imagine
Base: Zurich

danio100

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 05:18:14 pm
Heey,,

When does the world start because i can't wait!!

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 11:56:06 pm
[danio] my world will start in about a week's time, and I might start it off with a lottery of around 20 airlines so that they can have guaranteed spots. I might allocate some more to newcomers and good friends on a first come, first serve basis too.
Proud owner of

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 04:15:47 am
Just want to make a bump here to announce that in 12 days, my old world will end, in which by that time, you will get to join my upcoming world. So far, the number is pretty low to hold a lottery; as a result, a few changes will be made, including:

- First come, first serve entry
- Maximum slots will be set at 25 (unless more airlines are able to join in)
- Three Boeing 737-500s to be given instead of just two (final choice to be made by January 6)
- Start up money to be increased from 250,000 to 350,000

The rest will remain the same. The main issues remaining are:

- Brokers - I would like to have about two in my world
- Password - do I need to make it really private or would you like more airlines to join in during the game?
Proud owner of

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk