Airline Mogul Forum

Save or Spend?

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 06, 2011, 11:07:09 pm
I am new to the game only joined a few hours ago. So far I have two routes, Hartsfield - Jackson Atlanta International to Mobile Regional, and Hartsfield - Jackson Atlanta International to Jacksonville International. On the first one i am running a VardaxServ-Aero Hotter, and the second Beech 1900D. I am leasing the vardaxserv for $300,000. Here is my total "monthly" revenue €1,657,259, while €902,657 is my projected cost, and here is my projected earnings €754,602. Should I save up and lease a larger jet aircraft, and run a semi larger route for example to new york, or continue to lease cheaper aircraft, and run small routes.

Thank you for your time.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 12:25:42 am
Hi and welcome!

First of all, read this guide with tips for new players.

Secondly, it is always a good idea to post a link to your airline. You'll find the link here:

Finally, some real advice:
When making routes, never exceed 1 frequency. You make more with two 1-freq routes than one 2-freq route.
When such a small airline, it takes ages to save up for a jet, while you can buy many small planes to gradually increase your income. You should buy a jet if you earn around 5 million in DOC - or if you can afford it when you login.

Although leasing planes is easy and cheap to begin with, be careful not to lease too many, as this can make you loose money faster than you can earn it.

Good luck managing your airline! And don't forget to take part in the debates in this forum :D

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 12:41:25 am
Ok here is my airline

Airline Mogul - See my airline

I have since upgraded to a third aircraft another VardaxServ-Aero Hotter. I am starting to make more single routes instead of filling 7 flights up.
So should i save up to lease another small aircraft, or keep spending my hourly money on new routes to fill my three current aircraft, or save up and buy a airplane? My current DOC:199,000 right now, but i am -150,000 due to me opening a few routes. 

I know this is not a place for questions like this but, how do I know when my planes are filled up, and i need to get another aircraft.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:45:44 am by Agent Orange »

A380YURY

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:17:34 am
You can see how much time your airplane have 'left' in the day clicking the 'View Aircraft' button in the 'Aircraft' menu.
It should be something like this:

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 01:48:27 am
You can see how much time your airplane have 'left' in the day clicking the 'View Aircraft' button in the 'Aircraft' menu.
It should be something like this:

Thank you :)

Sweet, I was ready to lease a aircraft or two but I will just max out my current three I have about 24 hours between them .

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 10:35:19 am
You should create as many routes as possible.

My next move would be to purchase a small plane, or lease a bigger plane to replace you biggest routes.

May I suggest you to fly to the biggest airports available? E.g. to Charlotte-Douglas (if I remember the name correctly). These airports will bring in big money even if you fly with small planes.

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 04:18:04 pm
K so the idea right now is to get as many routes, i am saving up for paying my leases on my 3 aircraft right now -_- lol. So that will hurt alot, but i will get to make as many routes ect as possible after.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk