Airline Mogul Forum

leaving an alliance... existing route changes

flyjoe72

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 30, 2011, 04:07:17 pm
Hello...  it's been quite some time since I've been in an alliance & the Wiki link isn't working to find my answers.  I'm in an alliance and slots are limited in large cities (fair enough... early bird gets the worm).   However when you open up a new base, other alliance members jump right into your base and dump capacity with larger aircraft than your own, which is a little frustrating.

Here a couple of questions that I can't remember answers:

- If I leave this alliance, I know I can keep my existing alliance routes, but can you still edit your routes to back to 100%?

- I remember in the past, that once you left an alliance, you could not adjust those existing routes, such as changing frequencies, but more so, you could not change your aircraft type.  So if you had a 5-7 year old, you could not change to a different aircraft type or new model.  Has that changed?

Any help with the questions above are appreciated.  Thanks
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:30:04 pm by flyjoe72 »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 04:30:31 pm
You can't edit any routes from your former alliance hubs. Make them up to date before leaving ;)

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 10:25:13 am
This annoys me too. Therefor I'm most of the time not joining alliances when I'm a small airline.

It would be a nice addition to the game tho, if alliance routes get deleted automatically once left the alliance. Because alliance-hoppers take advantage of this feature massively. I've had a couple in the past and I have one now in a world I'm in. They're joining an alliance, fill their alliance routes at proper airports, then they leave the alliance again to go to the next alliance and do the exact same trick. Grr >:(

PS: sorry for reopening a rather old topic. Although I think it's better to reopen than to recreate :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk