Airline Mogul Forum

Closed airports have 0 passengers

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
on: May 25, 2011, 09:32:13 pm
I just noticed that Tempelhof has 0 passengers. While that is correct for 2010, i am in a world set in the 1970s :( Any chance these airport issues can be fixed? After all, they had plenty of passengers before they were closed.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

slovenian89

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:12:47 pm
Funny thing is that you can still fly to the airports with 0 passengers and the demand for the routes are still high, >1000.

I think they only have current data, regardless if you are playing in an old world. I can't imagine how much data and research would be needed to get yearly (or even for every 10 years) for the airports so that they are realistic to the time.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 07:25:16 am
Funny thing is that you can still fly to the airports with 0 passengers and the demand for the routes are still high, >1000.

I think they only have current data, regardless if you are playing in an old world. I can't imagine how much data and research would be needed to get yearly (or even for every 10 years) for the airports so that they are realistic to the time.

I was thinking of a basic system, with airports opening in year x with the passenger numbers for the final (or current) year of operations. Some airports will then close again and revert to 0 passengers.

oddward

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 02:00:48 pm
Good point but what will we do when the new airport in berlin opens and tegel and schonefeld close when this one opens with part of the airport being that of schonefeld

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 02:19:55 pm
Good point but what will we do when the new airport in berlin opens and tegel and schonefeld close when this one opens with part of the airport being that of schonefeld

Maybe automatically change the name and passenger numbers for Schönefeld into Brandenburg?

PatrickZ

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 10:27:37 pm
Indeed Brandenburg isn't fully a new airport, it's going to be a new name for Schönefeld. So Schönefeld will not be closed, only renamed.

But indeed there is a difference between historic and current airports. Better example is perhaps Munich, where Riem airport was closed down several years ago as the new Strauss airport opened. Right now Riem doesn't even exist as an airport anymore, but if you're playing with historical data I can imagine you'd want to use Riem instead of Strauss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk