Airline Mogul Forum

Weird base quota after continent switch

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 30, 2011, 04:55:05 pm
I'm in Private World #1857 where you can have 10 domestic and 20 foreign hubs. Now, my base continent was NA and I opened 7 hubs in the USA so far. But since I'm building a mega airline it would be better to switch my base continent to Europe so I'd be able to open at least twice as more.

So I asked the world owner to switch my base continent to Europe and now I got this weird "View gates" screen:

How is this possible? And if I'd switch back to NA, will this be fixed?

I'd appreciate the help :)

Cheers

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 05:37:39 pm
The problem is that each foreign base counts as 2 home bases. In that world the number of foreign bases is effectively 5. (See base quota used of 14 out of 10 maximum). Because you switched the continents it converted the home bases over to foreign bases putting the total base quota beyond the limit.

If your the world owner, you can request the home base limit be increased. I think I had better put in a limiter on the create private world page to stop foreign bases appearing as a higher number than is possible when linked to the home base quota, making it look like you can have up to 20 foreign bases when you effectively can only have a limit of 5. The graph worked in a way, it shows you have over 100% of the foreign base quota.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:14:08 am
Oh, okay. It would be better to change my base continent back to NA then :lol:

Thanks! :)

Mustang81

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:03:56 am
What do you mean with that? :"If your the world owner, you can request the home base limit be increased." I am the World Owner in that World. So what do i have to change?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 11:04:00 am
What do you mean with that? :"If your the world owner, you can request the home base limit be increased." I am the World Owner in that World. So what do i have to change?

Just email us at  :staff: requesting the change. It normally costs a 10 token change fee plus the difference in price between the current world settings and the new world settings.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk