Airline Mogul Forum

Airline Mogul Tournament Edition

Guest · 18 · 7121

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 01:54:10 pm
Actually, I've thought this out. And we were supposed to try something like this with the "Be Active" plan, however it didn't work out. Here's my idea; we have a series of prizes, with a small prize for each. But first the basics;

-300 players (large enough to be interesting, but small enough that we don't end up with an over-saturated area)
-Full World
-7 years (long enough to be interesting, short enough for roughly one major fleet replacement)
-6 bases (0 foreign)
-All Pax Aircraft
-Start Year (Different every time- rotates between 1970,1980,1990, and 2000)

Ok, here's the idea. Each of these prizes will have 2 winners- an overall winner, and a runner up.

Winner gets 10 free tokens
Runner up gets 5 free tokens

Any player can win up to 6 prizes in a given round but no more..

King of Airline Mogul- For the airlines with the largest value

World's Largest Airline(s)- For the airlines who carry the most daily passengers

Plane Manufacturer's Best Friend- Airline with the largest fleet (cannot go to the King of Airline Mogul as that airline will likely have a super-large DOC

King of Longhaul I- Airline with the greatest number of flights to other continents from its base continents (excludes alliance flights)

King of Longhaul II- Airline that serves the greatest number of destinations on other continents besides its base continent

Airline Mogul Superstar I- Airline with the largest value that is based in South America, Central America, Africa, or Australia

Airline Mogul Superstar II- Airline that carries the most passenger amongst those based in South America, Central America, Africa, or Australia

Big Boys- Airline with the largest fleet of wide-bodied aircraft

Queen of the Skies- Airline with the largest combined of Boeing 747 and Airbus A380 aircraft

Triple Dipper- Airline with the largest fleet of trijets (narrowbody and widebody)

Quadruple Stopper- Airline with the largest fleet of quadjets (narrowbody and widebody)

Regional King- Largest airline by passengers carried with only aircraft carrying fewer than 90 passengers

Super-hub- Largest airline hub by daily flights of any kind

Mega-hub- Largest airline hub by daily flights for a single hub operator

Mini-man- airline with the smallest hub by passengers at the airport with more than 50 flights/day

Single Plane Superstar- airline with the largest fleet of aircraft composed of only one aircraft type (all variants)

Single Manufacturer Extravaganza- Airline with the largest fleet of aircraft built only by one of the following manufacturers (Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, Douglas/McDonnell Douglas, Tupolev, Ilyushin, Embraer, Fokker, ATR)

Anyway- the award names suck- but what do ya'll think of the idea

I think that is a good idea. It will surely make AM more interesting and more fun to play.

ba4

Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 04:05:21 pm
Yeah, but it has to be in no AM years, as a challange!

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 09:06:09 pm
Actually, I've thought this out. And we were supposed to try something like this with the "Be Active" plan, however it didn't work out. Here's my idea; we have a series of prizes, with a small prize for each. But first the basics;

-300 players (large enough to be interesting, but small enough that we don't end up with an over-saturated area)
-Full World
-7 years (long enough to be interesting, short enough for roughly one major fleet replacement)
-6 bases (0 foreign)
-All Pax Aircraft
-Start Year (Different every time- rotates between 1970,1980,1990, and 2000)

Ok, here's the idea. Each of these prizes will have 2 winners- an overall winner, and a runner up.

Winner gets 10 free tokens
Runner up gets 5 free tokens

Any player can win up to 6 prizes in a given round but no more..

King of Airline Mogul- For the airlines with the largest value

World's Largest Airline(s)- For the airlines who carry the most daily passengers

Plane Manufacturer's Best Friend- Airline with the largest fleet (cannot go to the King of Airline Mogul as that airline will likely have a super-large DOC

King of Longhaul I- Airline with the greatest number of flights to other continents from its base continents (excludes alliance flights)

King of Longhaul II- Airline that serves the greatest number of destinations on other continents besides its base continent

Airline Mogul Superstar I- Airline with the largest value that is based in South America, Central America, Africa, or Australia

Airline Mogul Superstar II- Airline that carries the most passenger amongst those based in South America, Central America, Africa, or Australia

Big Boys- Airline with the largest fleet of wide-bodied aircraft

Queen of the Skies- Airline with the largest combined of Boeing 747 and Airbus A380 aircraft

Triple Dipper- Airline with the largest fleet of trijets (narrowbody and widebody)

Quadruple Stopper- Airline with the largest fleet of quadjets (narrowbody and widebody)

Regional King- Largest airline by passengers carried with only aircraft carrying fewer than 90 passengers

Super-hub- Largest airline hub by daily flights of any kind

Mega-hub- Largest airline hub by daily flights for a single hub operator

Mini-man- airline with the smallest hub by passengers at the airport with more than 50 flights/day

Single Plane Superstar- airline with the largest fleet of aircraft composed of only one aircraft type (all variants)

Single Manufacturer Extravaganza- Airline with the largest fleet of aircraft built only by one of the following manufacturers (Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, Douglas/McDonnell Douglas, Tupolev, Ilyushin, Embraer, Fokker, ATR)

Anyway- the award names suck- but what do ya'll think of the idea

I think that is a good idea. It will surely make AM more interesting and more fun to play.

I agree
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk