Airline Mogul Forum

[JOIN!] Realistic World V2

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: April 05, 2011, 01:38:14 pm
I was also considering having you run some Horizon services out of LAX, PDX, and Sea-Tac.

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: April 05, 2011, 02:26:42 pm
I would like to change my airline to Mandela Air based out of OR Tambo (JNB).

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: April 05, 2011, 06:42:27 pm
Sounds great to me.  My original intention was to dominate the small city market across the us west, so I would gladly do a combination of great lakes and horizon.  I also know that United Airlines runs connection service to Pennsylvania and the Appalaichan region out of Washington Dulles.  Several of these flights are Essential Air Serivce flights.  Your thoughts?

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: April 05, 2011, 10:15:20 pm
Instead of Dulles, we are doing Newark. Because Atlantic is doing Dulles, we agreed to take over Continental's hub at Newark. You might operate Continental Connection flights out of Newark, but most likely not. I think that you should be a Western regional carrier and East West be the Eastern regional carrier. Here is the hubs list:
Mainline:
Houston
Chicago-O'Hare
Newark
San Francisco
Denver
Los Angeles

West:
Houston (Connection and United Express)
Denver (SkyWest and Great Lakes)
Seattle (larger AC)
San Francisco
Portland
Los Angeles

East:
Houston (Continental Express)
Newark
Chicago-O'Hare
Denver (all other regional carriers)
Washington-National (ERJ170s)
Cleveland

Tell me if this doesn't divide the power equally. I think it does. Essentially, you get all the Pacific flights and East West gets...well, all the rest. I gave you the West hubs because they have fewer flights to start with, so you have more room for creativity. The East hubs have tons of flights, and I split Houston equally.

therood

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: April 05, 2011, 11:08:38 pm
I'll be in for this world. I'm not sure which region I'll end up in, but I'm considering either an Indian airline or a LCC/vacation-style airline in northern Africa.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: April 05, 2011, 11:20:33 pm
I think that looks fine.  I really don't see doing a lot with the Houston Hub, at least not on my own, although anything we want as a team I'll put in.  I do think that we should consider Salt Lake City or Minneapolis, or are we intentionally staying away from Delta Hubs?  Delta flies a large number of flights from both of these airports, but the airports you have listed are all United Airlines Hubs and Continental Airlines Hubs, excpet for Seattle and Portland who are Alaskan Airlines hubs.  Any interested, or are we already hub-limited?

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: April 06, 2011, 01:32:51 am
I think we'll stick with future United hubs and the others. Not Delta. I think that if we were to move to MSP, it wouldn't make as much money for us. Same with SLC. We are also maxed-out on hubs if we do my arrangement. Most hubs (except for Seattle, Portland, Washington-National, and Cleveland) are team hubs. The others are regional hubs to help strengthen our presence throughout the entire US. The Houston hub would only be a team hub, but I might go beyond the destinations from Continental. It would also be our largest combined hub. We would all start at Houston too.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: April 06, 2011, 01:52:49 am
I like the way this is split! East coast watch out I'm commin for you! Oh and I like the base you put my 170s at too!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:10:23 am by East West Airlines »

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: April 06, 2011, 02:15:14 am
Also if we are in an alliance with Airbusguy and Bindu like I think we are, would it be logical to run a few alliance routes from any of their hubs?

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: April 06, 2011, 03:16:57 am
Maybe. If they make international hubs, our group can use them as a stopover for long haul.

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: April 06, 2011, 03:23:21 am
@ Gopats+EastWest That could work out. We'll hash out details later

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: April 06, 2011, 05:25:40 am
Okay, sounds good to me.

kevinaj

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: April 06, 2011, 11:55:53 pm
I'd like to join as BRZ Aviao based out of Sao Paulo (The bigger airport)

kilmo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: April 07, 2011, 01:26:21 am
Hey Everyone,
I have decided to pull out of this world. Sorry.

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: April 07, 2011, 02:01:03 am
List is updated to reflect all current members. Strike-throughs indicate an axed player.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk