Airline Mogul Forum

[JOIN!] Realistic World V2

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 28, 2011, 12:02:08 am
Realistic World V2.0

Description: This is a continuation of “Realistic World” in which players emulate real world scheduling. Very few airlines today fly to one destination, once a day. Though it is the easiest and most profitable way to play Airline Mogul, it makes the game boring after a few game years. But, this game is different. We have a group of players who all agree to use realistic approaches on their airlines. What does this mean? Well the biggest is that we don’t use one time frequency flights (excluding international). Instead, we try for 3-4 flights per day to a single destination. Why in the world would we do this? A few reasons. One, it gives Airline Mogul an new challenging appeal. Second, it slows the game down. Third, its FUN! We don’t base success off how valuable an airline is, rather how well they accomplished realistic scheduling and aircraft usage.

Guidelines/Options/How to achieve realism

1. Use of 0.5 Frequency and 1 Frequency is frowned  :( upon heavily, except in long haul operations. One ‘loophole’ to this is that if you serve the same airport with 4 different airplanes at 1 Frequency, this counts at 4 Frequency.

2. Use of ATRs (or other regional turboprops) should be limited to routes under 500nm. The reason for this is airlines don’t use them for 3000nm flights that take 7 hours. If you wish to fly longer-range regional routes, please use jet aircraft like the ERJ-145LR or CRJ-200LR.

3. Fleet commonality, although it doesn’t have a purpose in the game, provides realism. When I say commonality, I don’t expect strictly Airbus or Boeing. Instead, when an airline has 1 of each airplane from 5 manufactures. We see it all the time in normal AM games and it is really nice to see an airlines in the old Realistic World that have massive amounts of a single aircraft type and what not.

4. Use reasonably sized aircraft for particular routes*. For example, ORD-ATL is a high demanding route. Therefore, using an ERJ-145LR probably isn’t the best choice (yes I know regional airlines have this same route). Instead, an A320 or 737-800 would be a better choice.

5. Regional service. Regional service is extremely profitable in AM. We expect that most airlines start off with regional service and expand into “legacy” services. Nothing really bad about this, except we have to ensure we transition to using correctly sized aircraft for particular routes. Also, if you want to start a regional airline under the same airline name, please announce it in the “Airline News Statements” located in the in-game forums.

a.   To further elaborate on the Regional airlines, if your airline name is B Airline then you should announce B Express in the Airline News Statements. You don’t have to, but it would provide insurance that your airline will be expanding into legacy services and provide added realism

b.   Also, it should be noted, YOU DON’T have to expand to legacy services. Feel free to remain as a regional carrier, just provide realistic frequencies (ORD-ATL would probably be served 6-10 times daily with a ERJ-145).
              i.    I also proposed this in the in-game forum, if anyone two players want to join together to perform legacy/regional carriers, feel free to do so

6. Above all, especially if you played in the previous world, use your best judgment. These are merely guidelines and you will not be deleted unless you are really not complying or following anything and ruining the game for others.

*See 5a, 5b, and 5bi
#5 was italicized because I was going to delete it. Not sure it adds anything. I just want to ensure that if you are going to do LEGACY operations you use larger planes. If you are going to play as a regional only, use regional aircraft only. If you wanna play as both, announce it.

I know it seems like a lot to understand, but really it is common sense stuff. Don't sweat the details, just play the game like you would and keep these things in mind. USING REALISTIC SCHEDULING AND AIRCRAFT TYPE ARE THE MAIN POINTS.

Link to "Realistic World?" original discussion for Version 1
http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=12054.0

Now onto the detail of this new world, I must say, they are not final but what I gathered from the in game forum topic this is pretty much ideal.

Starting Year: 2003
End Year: 2010
Starting Aircraft: 5xA319s
Gate Quantity: 5
Domestic Bases: 6
International Base: 1 (Realism: I know it take from realism slightly, but it is only 1 base)
Full World/All airports (for those wanting to go into less popular areas)
Only Commercial aircraft
50 players
Password: v2

LAUNCHING 04-21-11

If you have any questions or suggestions, post below. I'm just announcing that I am most likely going to start another world and if you did not get to join in the first one, now is your chance!
____________________________________________ _
Users: Airline; area of operation
1. Pilotguy121a: Central American Airways; Central American operator with integrated regional service
2. Go Parts1497: Global United Air; IAH, US operation
3. East West Airlines: Global United Express; US operation

4. Bindu: Delte Airlines; US Operator
5. Norge: Mandela Air; Tambo
6. 1993matias: BalticAir; Riga
7. Reyes25: Reyes Air: LAX
8. AirbusGuy350: Delte Connection; US Operator
8. kilmo: Kookaburra Airlines; Down Under mate (Australia)
9. Hockeylad777: Oahu Air; Honolulu
10. BamitzMrk: Kookaburra Konnect
11. Vamerica: Kiwi Air: New Zealand
12. Wizze: Air Dingo; Down under
13. Dobbins: Global United Connection; Western US
14. Kevinaj: Pan American World; North America (John F. Kennedy Airport)
15. therood: Four Lions Airways; India
16. jetrc: Lofthansa; FRA (Germany)
17. Nipoel123: Flying Dutchmen; Amsterdam Schiphol
18. Steex: Grand Tiger Airways; India
19. Chastwood: Eastern China Airlines, Asia
20. ba4: jetWorld Airlines; ABZ
21. SomedayTrijet: Villair - China Southeast Airlines; Xiamen Gaoqi (XMN)
Current as of 04-21-11
*Any two colors represent Legacy/Regional pairs. If I need to correct the above list, private message me with the correction.

edited by BINDU to include changes for Airbus Guy and I
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:45:18 pm by pilotguy121a »

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:53:20 am
I'll definitely joining this type of world again. Don't know what airline I'll be but sign me up!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:55:14 am by AirbusGuy350 »

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 01:57:22 am
I have two questions... 1. Do we have to use real life airline names? If we do, do we have to plan similar routes to them?
2. Will there be a password? I definitely would like in on this world!

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 02:06:03 am
We don't have to be a real life airline (you can't do it in AM anymore because of copyrights) but you create your own airline that is realistic.

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 02:33:26 am
If any airline wants to partner with me for regional ops, let me know. The CEO could be inexperienced or highly advanced. If inexperienced, I'll give route suggestions (only suggestions, mind you), but you decide how to run AC, frequencies, and so on. If experienced, run your own airline and I won't interfere. I'll probably be in the USA as Global United Air out of SFO.

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 02:37:59 am
Can you choose the engine type for the A319s, because I suggest the 4000nm variant. They would serve well to Australasian, South American, and African carriers plus give a little bit extra range.

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 03:30:32 am
Yes there will be a password, i'll update the main post. I will be updating the first post as we move closer to the starting period.

As for the A319s, no I can't choose the engines unfortunately. I'm also open other aircraft, 737-700HGW?

I'm going to be Central American Airways, operating in Central America with our first hub in Mexico City.

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 05:08:20 am
If any airline wants to partner with me for regional ops, let me know. The CEO could be inexperienced or highly advanced. If inexperienced, I'll give route suggestions (only suggestions, mind you), but you decide how to run AC, frequencies, and so on. If experienced, run your own airline and I won't interfere. I'll probably be in the USA as Global United Air out of SFO.

I am going to be East West Airlines preferably based out of SFO but its not ideal. If you want to work something out where I have a different base on the west coast such as SEA, PDX, or LAX, that would be fine. But I definitely would like to be partnered with you, maybe for like a regional/legacy tagteam or something. I'm mkinda inbetween inexperienced and advanced so some pointers would be cool.

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 01:08:02 pm
Get me in as Interflug based in Frankfurt. I will be attempting to replicate Lufthansa's network at FRA, MUC, DUS, and TXL, with realistic frequencies, as well as Air Berlin's network in those cities

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 02:12:15 pm
Starting A/C could be any of the following:
-A319x5
-ERJ170LRx5
-B737-700HGWx4
-ERJ145LRx5

I have a feeling I'm going to stick to the A319s they are versatile, popular, and make good money. 737HGW would be for range.

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 03:18:02 pm
Maybe it would be easier to select their own starting plane? It is a bit unrealstic that all airlines start with same plane, and the same amount. For some airlines it would be hard to fit their 'needs'. An airline starting in a small airport could have problems starting with a big amount of large planes. A smaller plane would be better then, while the larger airlines can choose their bigger plane.
Just my suggestion.

Anyway, I would like to join as vinzaJet out of Rome (FCO). (note that the name is a combination out of three words, da Vinci, pizza and Jet:lol:)

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 03:50:05 pm
I would if I could, but you all airlines start with the same airplane. There is no way around that. Unless I put starting cash 250m+, which would cost way to much in terms of making a world.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 09:49:14 pm
The Airbus should be fine. If you can't use it enough, lease it out.

I'd like to join as BalticAir out of Riga.

Reyes25

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 12:33:26 am
Count me in as Reyes Airlines out of LAX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk