Airline Mogul Forum

[NAB] Can't find a route for Farman F.60 Goliath

frodank

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 11, 2011, 06:20:37 pm
I'm on PW#897. Current year is 1965. My airline id is 49382

I'm new to this game, so sorry if I've missed something obvious, or posted in the wrong forum.

First i rented a gate in Oslo, and created a route with my Farman F.60 Goliath between Trondheim and Oslo. No problems doing that. Next, I rented a gate in Bodø, and tried creating a route between Trondheim and Bodø. That didn't work. Then I tried researching different routes, but no matter what route I researched, the Farman F.60 Goliath didn't show up in the aircraft-list, including the route Trondheim->Oslo.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:33:00 pm by StephenM »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 07:17:40 pm
This may have to do with the range of the aircraft. The aircraft can only fly a certain distance, if you select airports farther than that, it won't appear on the list.

It could also be that you don't have more hours left on your aircraft. Your aircraft can only fly for 24 hours, so if the Trondheim-Oslo route takes 14 hours and the Trondheim-Bodø route takes 14 hours, you won't be able to do them both.

Also, of you are new to the game, I would recommend to read the game manual here.

You are welcome to ask more questions if you need help :)

frodank

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 04:02:24 pm
I guess that COULD be the reason why the plane didn't show up when creating a route to Bodø.. TRD->Bodø is a little farther than TRD->Oslo. There should be enough hours though.

But shouldn't the plane show up when I "research route" still?

Thanks for the help :)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 04:29:19 pm
Hello,

I just had a quick look at your account. The route you mentioned from Trondheim to Bodo is 281 miles in length, but the range of the aircraft is only 241 miles. The range on the aircraft seems very very low to be able to operate successfully with.

My best advice in this case is to get an airline reset and start again. When you do start again, either start from an airport with more airports around it, or lease out a new aircraft straight away. You can get a DC-6 for only €59,000 a month and that has enough range and seats to make a profit. Although Trondhiem being a small airport, something like the Gulfstream I might be a better fit, with less seats but a little more expensive.

I hope this helps.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk