Airline Mogul Forum

Best Aircraft for a Caribbean Airline

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 03, 2011, 09:29:02 pm
I have just started a new airline in PW#1836. Realistic World, which I would really recommend joining if you want to create a realistic airline. Anyways I have just started this airline with some ATR's running regional flights from Sangster, and Princess Juliana. I will be starting medium haul soon but I don't know what aircraft to use. I operate from 5 to 8 million passenger a year airports to very large airports like chicago and New York to intra Caribbean flights. The year is 1998 so the 737-800 is now out along with the A320, A319, A321.

What would be the best aircraft to do these flights and remember that I would like this to be as realistic as possible.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:42:20 pm by AirbusGuy350 »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:55:33 pm
Airbus 319, I would say.

Generally buy small aircraft like Dash 8-200 or Let-410 or Embraer 120 or Dornier 228/328 and so on. Use aircraft search!

The ATR 72 is a little too big if I could choose. I would choose a 50-seater for the biggest propeller routes. And the CRJ/ERJ for the longer routes.

But follow your intuition, this world is about having fun, and not so much to earn money :)

zahrul3

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 11:53:47 pm
I prefer the CRJ/ERJ jets for smaller intra-island route and the A319 for the American routes. Basically, there is a short and long range version. Use the long range version if you want to reach the northern US airports, the smaller one for southern US routes. If you have the money you can use A320s, to extremely crowded places eg. JFK, ATL, Chicago, Los Angeles, Orlando, Miami, Mexico City(add Denver if you want to stretch that).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk