Airline Mogul Forum

FSX Graphics

spuntch

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 22, 2011, 10:30:23 pm
Will a computer with these capabilities run FSX smoothly on a high setting and if not what would you recommend?

Operating system    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edit
Processor              AMD Phenom(TM) II Dual-Core Mobile Processor N660 (3.0GHz, 2MB L2 Cache) edit
Graphics card        1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 6550 DDR3 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA] edit
Memory                8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Hard drive             640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection edit
Display                 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Display (1366x768)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:33:00 pm by spuntch »

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:54:29 pm
Check check check and check.

I run Max. settings on this computer:

Processer: Intel Pentium E5500 2.8 GHz Dual Core
Graphics: ATI Radeon 4500 series 
HD: 500 GB
Display: 21" eMachines

YOu beat my comp. specs :o

Loading time here is about 1 min here, so yeah, max out the settings. And I use FS Global 2008, a very resource consuming addon

The antivirus... shut it down while you are playings or else it will thrash your computer. For a safety concern, disable internet connection: pull the ethernet wire out or turn off wireless ( wireless consumes resources, too! :o )
Sincerely, Mastafa

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:53:25 pm
Will a computer with these capabilities run FSX smoothly on a high setting and if not what would you recommend?

Operating system    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edit
Processor              AMD Phenom(TM) II Dual-Core Mobile Processor N660 (3.0GHz, 2MB L2 Cache) edit
Graphics card        1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 6550 DDR3 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA] edit
Memory                8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Hard drive             640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection edit
Display                 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Display (1366x768)

Try!

If your comp can't handle it, then set the specs down, that's the best to do :D Good luck!

spuntch

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 03:05:55 am
Im getting ready to buy a new laptop and I want to get one that has good graphic capabilities without breaking the bank. If those specs won't run it then im going to get a better one. Thats why i was wondering if it will work

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 03:34:31 am
A DV6? They are quite nice, I was considering getting one myself. The graphics in that one are quite powerful - the only suggestion I would make is upgrading to one of the higher range Intel Processors.

FSX will challenge even the best desktops if you turn the settings right up and start adding on some 3rd party stuff - so really it's just about maximising your computer's performance, and then pushing the settings to a nice balance between prettiness and performance.
My desktop is much slower than that computer (Core 2 Duo, 1.8 GHz, with a mid range 0.5 Gb graphics card from a few years back) and it runs FSX fine if I turn the settings down to moderately low levels - or at under 1 fps if I put them close to the top.

The only thing I would warn you about, with a laptop, is that you basically have the choice between performance or battery life. If you go for one with an i7 processor, you would be lucky to be getting 3 hours out of the standard battery when doing everyday stuff (like internet, word processing) - and less while gaming.

On a final note, HP just brought out a new line of DV6s (at least with their Intel ones, not sure about AMD) - you may be able to score a deal on one of the old models.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk