Airline Mogul Forum

More money than I know what to do with:

Nipoel123

• Airline Operative
  • Commercial Pilot To Be
    • View Profile
on: February 15, 2011, 03:48:30 pm
Hi there,

As said in the title, I've got more money than I know what to do with. I'm in a private world, with about 10 airlines, my network is quite large, I've just 'refreshed' my regional fleet, and when the year changes, I'm going in to ultra-long-haul, and replace my A332s by the newly available A345s. buying the A345s will make most of my money dissappear, but with a DOC of 30mil., it's back soon enough.

I'm thinking of buying VIP versions of large aircraft, to aact as regionals with the same number of seats. So basically I'm looking fo r ways to waste money. Any other tips?

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 04:15:47 pm
Buy a single A380? Buy 10 747-400s? Clean up the used-aircraft market, by buying up every single old unwanted plane, then scrapping it.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 05:02:16 pm
Buy lots of big, expensive planes. With a DOC of only 30M, you will eventually go bankrupt due to maintenance costs.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 07:38:34 pm
Buy lots of big, expensive planes. With a DOC of only 30M, you will eventually go bankrupt due to maintenance costs.

Agree
Sincerely, Mastafa

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 03:59:40 pm
I kinda LOL'd when I read your topic and I even more LOL'd at the replies :P Because like pseudoswede said, DOC of 30 mln isn't much.

OT: If you're done buying planes/creating routes etc. Go start an alliance. Find some small airline that just started and recruit him. Once he's your alliance partner invest billions in his airline to make your alliance stronger/larger/etc. That's what I do once I'm #1 by a pretty comfortable margin.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 01:14:12 pm
OT: If you're done buying planes/creating routes etc. Go start an alliance. Find some small airline that just started and recruit him. Once he's your alliance partner invest billions in his airline to make your alliance stronger/larger/etc. That's what I do once I'm #1 by a pretty comfortable margin.

Ditto. I usually help 2 or 3 airlines at a time. I start by selling them second hand ATRs etc. at lowest possible price, and/or leasing some 737s or A320s at minimum rate for a few years. When the airline grows, i start selling my aircraft once they break even, for 50% of value. That way i can usually keep getting rid of my fleet at an early age, and still make a profit.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk