Airline Mogul Forum

"View all Aircraft" suggestion

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 04, 2011, 12:32:14 am
I would like to see the specs of the aircraft available from the "View all Aircraft" page. For example, if i click on the 737-700, it will bring me to a page that is similar to the order page (with all the specs) for the aircraft, except with out the option to order (as in this example the 737-700 is not yet available for purchase). I realize this may not be entirely realistic, but it won't really provide an advantage or disadvantage to players. It will just for reference/planning purposes.

I have also looked through the 13 pages in the suggestion sub-topic and I did not see this suggestion. Please excuse me if there is a way to view the specs already, I looked on the wiki and didn't find anything. Oh, and I realize that I can get info from other sites about these planes, but the info may very from AM's aircraft info.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 03:08:12 am
I can see the use of such an idea. I would suggest that, for planes which are currently available, it redirect straight to the buy AC page though (indeed that page could just be modified to show/hide the actual purchase button based on the game date, and have all planes link there).

I seem to recall a suggestion similar to this being rejected in the past as it would make it easy for competitor games to access all AM's data. Though that may be less of an issue considering multi-worlds makes that easier. An alternative, for planning purposes, is the "View Latest Aircraft" page, which gives you new aircraft from the next year.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:45:13 am
Putting all the information on one page is the competitive concern. Individual pages for each aircraft may work though.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:41:09 pm
Never event thought about that. Yeah, my suggestion was pretty much what CHR suggested, I just couldn't word it properly. I don't want all the info on one page, rather keep the list but link to the modified/unmodified a/c page. So if the 744 was available in my world, and i clicked on it in the View All Aircraft page, it would bring me to the page with the the option to buy.  However, lets say the 739ER was not available it would simply bring me to the same page minus the buy button.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk