Airline Mogul Forum

History of you playing AM

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 05:57:20 am
Hmmm, so long ago it seems that I first stumbled upon AM. I think it must have been A.net or something, idk. But I do remember that I lost the name of the site and searched for it and couldn't find it for quite some time. But surely I found it again, but being a noob again, I think 2197 isn't my lowest ID#, I think I may have a lower one  ??? But this is the one I'm with. I came in the modern day era that was running. Built my airline, Virgin America out of SFO. I'm not sure where my other hubs where tho. :P Been too long, but I remember joining United Sky Group : ) That alliance was great, lots of fun I had in that world and alliance. And by the end, I was #1 at SFO. And I kept that till the end of the world. Then the new world was starting, and at United Sky Group forum, we got a list of places we where to hub(yes, I know, strange, but it was fun trading with each other). I remember not having SFO, and I traded MDW, or SAN for it. But I just wanted to have SFO again. :P Fun era running with older planes. Singapore Airlines in United Sky Group was amazing at livery painting, and he made us some, sadly this is the only one I still have saved. The other ones are gone I guess(unless Mr. Orange can somehow access the forums from way back then) : / 

That world was amazing cause of the cheap L-1649 Starliner? One of the lockheed's :P But after that world I think we went into multi world? And then competition shrunk, and I felt like a aspect of the game was lost for good. : / But yah, my story of AM. : )

Cheers Doug, id 2197.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 05:58:04 pm
Doug... I may have some saved on my PT account I will see...

I first met Stephen, while playing a different airline game, where the game had some good technical ideas, but powergamers repeatedly exploited its flaws. Since they were also premium players the devs had no desire to change that scenario.  I saw Stephen was developing this one and tried to register.  Back then only 50 players could play a round, so you had to wait until a slot opened up to get to play.

I have played on and off since those days.  I actually kind of miss the pink theme.  I do like the new scheme, but the pink is nostalgic to me.

Edit: I found a few....  

Both of those were created by Singapore Air with my input as to how I wanted them..  Really nice work...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:27:38 pm by CornField »

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 06:06:34 pm
I actually kind of miss the pink theme.  I do like the new scheme, but the pink is nostalgic to me.

Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 07:25:51 pm
Stephen, bring back the raining sig xD

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 08:18:14 pm

I had to think about that one for a second. I wonder where I could have put it...

Edit: Found it!  :lol:

Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 09:29:22 pm
lol, best signature ever.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 11:16:36 pm

I had to think about that one for a second. I wonder where I could have put it...

Edit: Found it!  :lol:

I actually kind of miss the pink theme.  I do like the new scheme, but the pink is nostalgic to me.

Coool!
Sincerely, Mastafa

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 08:33:42 am
lol, best signature ever.

Second that!
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 10:02:23 pm
LOL when was this again?
Sincerely, Mastafa

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 12:54:55 am
2007-2008 I think? Been awhile :P

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 02:23:07 am
2007-2008 I think? Been awhile :P

Really?

I joined in... um....
Sincerely, Mastafa

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 02:53:36 pm

:lol:

My fist airline.. at the end of the first world I joined I lost hundreds of millions a rl day. Didn't know how that happened. Later I found out you had to replace aircraft once they get too old. Scrapping those 12 year old A340's would have been a good start to lower my maintenance costs :lol:

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 03:02:17 pm
I remember right around the time I joined, there was a HUGE controversy surrounding the $1 routes.  Especially in the single world, they were really popular...until people started realizing that they lost money on them  :lol:

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 02:02:16 am
LOL! Mx. fees right?
Sincerely, Mastafa

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 01:16:18 am
I decided to create a topic where everyone posts how they got here, etc.

Lets start!

This is how I started:

My best friend, Sean, told me about this game: Airline. (he didn't tell me the website!!!)
So i Googled the query: Airline and registered for all these airline companies:

Game A
Airline Mogul
Game B

But none of them were the one he was talking about/

The next day, he told me the website:

mochigames.com

Well...

I tried all the websites i found...

Game A was too much competition and boring
Game B costs me 4 cents a day

Airline mogul was good.

I joined a public world
Set up one route with my Nord @ 20 frequency (maximum it would go)
Leased to planes
Set them at max frequency,too

and got bored
and went away.

A few MONTHS later, i came back, realizing the whole point of the game (i never bother to read the instructions  :P )

I came back, set all routes to 1 frequency. BUT

The next day, the world ended :'(

So i joined a private world and started playing the way i am suppose to. With a DOC of only 16M (I thought that was A LOT that time :P ) i ended 3rd place.

Now, in another world, i have a DOC of 50 Million from 1 base (1 base is the limitation :( )

The other world i play in has a limit of 20 bases, 5 foreign. I plan a  DOC of at least 150+Million.

And my progress is good. with in a week, i have a DOC of 40 Million and i am first place in the world. (Holiday flight)

Edited by StephenM - To bring post in line with game rules
And Sean didn't tell you of monsters under the bed, neither did I tell you of the true story of "Who's at the Controls?"
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk