Airline Mogul Forum

Website Implementation

tparaiso601

• Airline Operative
  • Avid AM player, future airline pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Account
on: September 22, 2010, 05:10:57 am
I have made this push before, but I think with support we could get this through. I think implementing the game into a website such as Kongregate, Miniclip, or a similar site would expand our user base. Opinions? Thanks, Trevor J. Paraiso. HI-CAL AIRLINES

TTA

• Global Moderator
  • Airline Operative
  • SirMoo
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 05:52:44 am
How exactly? This is not a flash game. Making this game compatible with flash sites is unideal and I think would cause way too much hassle and take away from coding of actual new features. *Most* flash games are not made for saving data over long-term play, and I'm not even sure if the staff that does the coding knows how to code in flash...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:18:06 pm by TTA »
IRC = Internet Relay Cow - Muu!
           (__)
           (oo)
    /------\/
 / |       ||
*  ||----||
   ^^    ^^
My robot eats grass. Muuuu!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:14:02 am
Just want to point out that we have spent quite a lot of time discussing this proposal amongst staff members, when Trevor suggested it. However, do feel free to discuss it amongst yourselves, as there could be some points (both for and against) that we could have missed.

And no, TTA, the proposal is not "utterly pointless". The cons did somewhat outweigh the pros when we discussed it though.
(IE. gameplay is not the only issue we focused on... revenue, costs, control/administrative, as well as target audiences were taken into consideration as well)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:15:43 am by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 08:58:07 am
I tend to think this would be more effort than it's worth. I agree it would require considerable additional work to make it fit in with most of the game sites, as they tend to use flash, and most likely wouldn't be able to cope with a multi-web-page style game like AM. However, if the coding could be done, I think a flash site could quite possibly be far more visually interesting than the current site.

Naturally such an idea would expose AM to many more gamers, however I tend to think the people browsing these kind of flash game sites tend to be looking for a quick and simple game to fight off boredom. AM , by contrast, is fairly complicated, requires registration (bound to turn many casual gamers off...) and is fairly slow initially. I highly doubt that the extra exposure would hurt AM, but I tend to think it wouldn't be too much use either.

tparaiso601

• Airline Operative
  • Avid AM player, future airline pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Account
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 03:00:01 am
I agree it would take a lot of work. But there are many game sites out there that put LINKS out to a game like AM. I'm thinking of interactive games like RuneScape on Miniclip. It is the full game and server integrated into the webpage. Could we build a 'picture-in-picture' game where it is able to load without reloading the webpage? Some features already partially do this, such as editing a route, but could it be modified so the whole game can do it? If that is possible, doing that sort of game would attract lots of users. Complex games with accounts do affect some player's wills to try the game, but it could work. Who would be willing to put in the effort to do this?

bry12

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:58:57 am
Well this sound like an interesting enhancement to AM and I agree this if implemented will surely attract more players. :D

oddward

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:16:35 pm
although it would increase usership people would still need an account and therfore need to come here to do so

oddward

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 02:47:12 pm
If there you were going to put it on those kinds of sites i think it may be more sensible to make a dumbed down flash version that doesn't link in to worlds here, and the gamestates that for a better experience go to this website

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk