Airline Mogul Forum

Maintence Fee

Red Planet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 21, 2010, 05:00:28 am
You guys really need to fix this issue this is a major headache....You go from making money every hour except maybe the first 2 in the day to pulling in a profit on day 22 23....Other than that this game is great

Jtimes

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 06:12:48 am
I think it is fine as it is.

1.It adds another real-life aspect into the game.
2.It makes it so you can't just buy old aircraft an make a large profit off of it.
3.Lastly it slows down the game since you have to order new aircraft to replace the old ones.
Owner and CEO of All Star Air

Red Planet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 06:20:11 am
Yes it slows it down by way way to fast you almost come to a halt..Maybe they need to slow it down in a even manner this scale you drop off a cliff at 5 years

Royal First Fleet

• Airline Operative
  • Royal First Airlines
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 12:28:09 pm
I`ve got the same problem in PW452.

The year is 1961 and everyone has started replacing their Lockheed and Douglas prop airplanes with jets since 1958/1959. Mostly Boeing as that was the first to come out (707-120). Now the 707-120 reach 3yr and the maintanance is killing me. I`m still replacing my old prop aircraft some over 5yr old, and I`m trying to use as much as possible DC-8 (cheaper to buy, less fuel but still a good speed and seats to compete with Boeing.) But the first 136 707-120 are crushing me. Shouldn`t jet aircraft at least be profitable for 5yr before their maintance kills you, they cost a bundle. Easy 3 times a prop aircraft, but you can`t use them past 2.5yr, where a prop aircraft remains usable up to 7.5yr I rekon. I`m 14th in rank so not the smallest of all, but still. My extra cash of 60 Billion is gone and reach profit on the 18th or 19th day with a total profit of +/- 250 Million and falling. Barely enough to replace those 707-120 even if I want to.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:41:15 pm by Royal First Fleet »

Royal First Airlines

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 03:34:47 pm
The thing about it is tho, that the aircraft come to you so fast, that they have to be able to slow it down somehow. Hotswapping would really help with that tho.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk