Airline Mogul Forum

Lockheed 1649A Starliner Range

steex

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 26, 2010, 05:16:48 pm
The range for the Lockheed 1649A Starliner is listed as 7,194 nm, which may be correct for the real plane's range.  However, the longest flight it can be utilized for in the game is 6,775 nm because its extremely low speed makes any longer routes take greater than 24 hours one-way (a situation the game can't do). 

I think the game data for the plane should be edited to reflect a range of 6,775 nm since that is the furthest it can actually fly in AM.  I know by now not to plan on using it for routes longer than that, but it can be misleading (particularly to new players).  The aircraft data initially suggests that the bird will be able to fly a route like SFO-HKG (6,922 nm), so you can end up ordering an ineffective aircraft if you haven't used the route research function prior to purchase.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 10:23:11 pm
so you can end up ordering an ineffective aircraft if you haven't used the route research function prior to purchase.

If people don't do simple things like planning, they deserve to waste money.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk