Airline Mogul Forum

Maintanance fees for ageing aircraft accurate????

noely71

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 28, 2009, 11:36:25 pm
Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't the place to post this...
My question is are the maintanance fees of older aircraft accurate, i'm not an expert in this by any stretch. But, in real life, do older planes cost enough to destroy your profitability like they do in this game? i know the are more expensive for sure! But, start up airlines, and even established airlines are still making profits off 20y/o aircraft. i may be wrong in this i don;t know... just asking the question....

Neil

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 12:06:36 am
The bias is against older aircraft in AM. We know the formula is flawed but haven't yet rectified it with a reasonably sufficient and more accurate replacement.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Juan T. Trippe

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:27:33 pm
Speaking of maintenance....is that set automatically or do i have to manually set a level of maintenance?

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 07:32:54 am
It is automatically set.

pjuklasgysta

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:32:31 am
Hello

I wanted to ask someone to explain about the aircraft's maintenance in AM. Are older aircraft, the more it costs to repairs as in the real world? What to do in order to lower the cost of repairs for an old'er aircraft's?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:52:24 am
Hello

I wanted to ask someone to explain about the aircraft's maintenance in AM. Are older aircraft, the more it costs to repairs as in the real world? What to do in order to lower the cost of repairs for an old'er aircraft's?

As planes get older, they do get more expensive. You will need to replace the aircraft to reduce the cost, or lease in aircraft. You do not pay maintenance on aircraft you lease in. For large aircraft (A330, B767 and bigger) you will need to replace them more frequently to stop them from getting too expensive.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk