Airline Mogul Forum

Expelled(?) from a 60s world for no reason, any other affected?

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
2 days ago I went on a trip to Macau and after coming back to Hong Kong yesterday I have found out that I was expelled(maybe?) from a world (all I could remember for the ID was 1***) which was in the 1960s with a 707 as a starting plane. I can also recall that the number of bases allowed was [infinity]8 and the world was a full world with no passwords needed. These information leads to world #1091 which I find the name of the world and the host's airline very familiar. However, no one ever told me the reason I was suddenly kicked out(or not?) and that I remember I did nothing wrong but strove to grow. I believe that not only me is affected, but over 40 other players. Did anyone encountered similar experience just few days ago? Did you played in a world which a discussion thread was created, talking about new rules to regulate the frequency of routes, for example, to at least 1 for long-haul routes? If you did, please reply here to discuss about what really happened. I do want to know what really happened.

------

TTA

• Global Moderator
  • Airline Operative
  • SirMoo
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 05:25:23 pm
It would seem that the world owner expelled everyone from the world. Only one user left in the world you mentioned. And based on the forum posts ( http://airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/world_info.php?wid=1091&t=1 ) it would seem he got 'angry' with everyone and removed them. -shrugs.- This is a risk you take for playing in a non-AM sanctioned world.
IRC = Internet Relay Cow - Muu!
           (__)
           (oo)
    /------\/
 / |       ||
*  ||----||
   ^^    ^^
My robot eats grass. Muuuu!

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 06:00:21 pm
It would seem that the world owner expelled everyone from the world. Only one user left in the world you mentioned. And based on the forum posts ( http://airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/world_info.php?wid=1091&t=1 ) it would seem he got 'angry' with everyone and removed them. -shrugs.- This is a risk you take for playing in a non-AM sanctioned world.
There was no sign that he got 'angry' with everyone, even from that post, I think. He just seemed to be 'angry' at few players. Anyway, there is nothing I can do now but learning a lesson at a cost of 15 days, right?

------

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 06:34:37 pm
Anyone who is irked by the lack of common courtesy in private worlds should help support this idea...

http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=10947.0

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:06:25 pm
I updated the world joining pages for Private Worlds outlining that Airline Mogul staff do not take responsibility for actions such as these by world owners. While it is stated in the game manual (Thanks for those who keep it updated!) it hasn't been clearly displayed in-game before. This has now been rectified.

The normal course of events for this is now we contact the world owner to simply get a reason why the user was deleted from the world. We can do it for this case as well if you wish.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 11:17:21 pm
The normal course of events for this is now we contact the world owner to simply get a reason why the user was deleted from the world. We can do it for this case as well if you wish.

So what if the world owner ignores the staff's request for an answer?

What if the world owner replies with, "I've decided to make this my own world now."?

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 12:06:06 am
So what if the world owner ignores the staff's request for an answer?

What if the world owner replies with, "I've decided to make this my own world now."?

We can essentially pass it onto the user. Its strange in a way that these issues are becoming more apparent about 14 months after Private World's have been launched.

We hope to change the world removal system to ensure each user is given a reason for the removal. Some elements of this may include, AM Staff approving reasons and removals provided by game admins, (To make sure the reason is clear, and reasonably valid. Not just "no comment" or "get out"). Possible 'archiving' of airlines for one week after deletion so that the airline can be restored afterwards.

I think some discussion in general for PW Admins/owners would help ease some of these problems
Stephen Murphy

TTA

• Global Moderator
  • Airline Operative
  • SirMoo
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 05:45:31 pm
We hope to change the world removal system to ensure each user is given a reason for the removal. Some elements of this may include, AM Staff approving reasons and removals provided by game admins, (To make sure the reason is clear, and reasonably valid. Not just "no comment" or "get out"). Possible 'archiving' of airlines for one week after deletion so that the airline can be restored afterwards.

That may be the only way to control this while still giving owners some power in their world. If the airlines are put in freeze while their removal application is over-viewed, might make people a bit more happy than flat out removal. But what would be a list of reasons the staff would approve a removal?  If a world owner said "You can't fly any of the same routes as mine" would this be perfectly acceptable?
IRC = Internet Relay Cow - Muu!
           (__)
           (oo)
    /------\/
 / |       ||
*  ||----||
   ^^    ^^
My robot eats grass. Muuuu!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 06:07:03 pm
But what would be a list of reasons the staff would approve a removal?  If a world owner said "You can't fly any of the same routes as mine" would this be perfectly acceptable?

Stephen and I were discussing this the day before his posts... and that is the exact issue that we need to figure out. We don't have an answer for that yet.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 11:52:32 pm
Perhaps the world owner could set a series of rules which are displayed on sign up to the world. The owner could only punish people according to these rules. Players can appeal to AM staff if they feel they are ejected without having broken these rules. That way, if a rule states "Players can be thrown out for running the same routes as the world owner", people will just have to accept it. If everyoe clearly has the rules set down before they sign up, they can't complain (well they can, but it would be their own fault...). Naturally, such a system would not allow rules to be changed during game play (but I would expect this).

Any world owners wanting complete control could just write "I can do whatever I want" in the rules (which, it appears to me, is the status quo) - but how many people would join a world knowing that?

transavia.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 11:16:30 am
I also got expelled, while I was the number 1. This is the second time in a couple of weeks I got banned for NO reason at all:

http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=10945.0

This does not encourage me to play at all anymore, why bother!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 03:00:40 pm
Why not play in a public world instead, or take part in a world that is supported on the forums here?
Stephen Murphy

jetrc

• Airline Operative
  • Aspiring airline CEO
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 12:33:35 pm
Why don't you join PW1075? It's a very fun and fair world, and we still have lots of spots left. (but you have to play as a real airline)
C'mon, join the fun!  ;)
Avalon Air, Coming Soon.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 01:13:38 pm
Given the amount of activity on the forums generated by PW1075 it seems like a good world to join!
Stephen Murphy

jetrc

• Airline Operative
  • Aspiring airline CEO
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 02:50:30 pm
It really is a great world. In fact, i think it's the most fun world i've ever played in. It's a very realistic world, we even hold award ceremonies for the best airlines!  :D
Avalon Air, Coming Soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk