Airline Mogul Forum

Newb Here...

Dirtymick31

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 04, 2009, 10:31:26 pm
Just getting started, and very intrigued, but have a few questions...

I figured out how to rent gates and create routes, load them, etc, very quickly. But, when you're a moron and create a route that either you realize immeditaely will never get you in the black, how do you ditch it?  Must you rent the gate forever?  For a whole month? Or whatever...Because I've already accidentally ditched the 50k for a gate once or twice and realized it was pointless to have even got that gate.

Also, are, uh, political ramifications in these countries a factor, ie two countries hating each other in real life and having closed borders.  I'm starting up in Georgia, because I'm, well, special, and it's not exactly the most politically clean area.

Finally...Is this going to be as addicting as I think?

Thanks folks,

Ian

Arcanum

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:10:18 pm
Welcome to the game!  :D

To close a route, just go to the View Routes page (under Operations), and click the red x on the route.  That will release the slot being used up at the destination airport.  Then you can return the gate on the View Gates page (also under Operations).  You won't be refunded the month's rent, but you won't have to pay for the gate again next game month.

Also remember that the route profit is per game day, while gate costs are per game month.  So, you get 24 times that amount from the route per month.

Nope, there are no political ramifications in countries in this game, at least as far as I know.  Passenger numbers are determined by airport sizes.

As to whether or not it will be addicting... I can't answer that.  It really depends on the person.
Freedom Air - World 1073World 1217
ID: 33390

Dirtymick31

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 11:21:52 pm
So, at this point, it's sensible just to wait out the month, then cancel both the route and the gate, at least that's how I figure it.  Might as well take my meager profit per day and offset the stupid move before canceling.

I'm guessing figuring out the demand comes in handy with the 'research route' option before paying for the gate?

Flybynight747

• Airline Operative
  • FLY 747s
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 11:41:20 pm
Hello Ian and welcome to AM.

Firstly, this particular game allows profit (however seemingly meagre) on every route you might choose to fly. Which sets it apart from all other Airline games available.

As has already been posted, remember that gate costs are deducted MONTHLY but profit, however small, is added to your DOC daily.

As you navigate the game you will become aware of the advantages (which are very generous) of gate rental and how to use - utilise your A/C to maximum benefit.

Unlike other games of this type, AM is the most generous in building a good Airline profit.

Like all of us did when joining this game, you will with a little experience learn how to enjoy the game, even with a few mistakes in the early stages.

As for being 'addictive' , well only time will tell. I can personally tell you, that I have in a very short time become one of the biggest advocates of this game. It is fair minded, many players have become good (online) friends and a great way to waste a few hours in front of your computer instead of in front of the Telly.

Unlike other 'airline games' you will find that pretty much all members will help - advise you to maximise your game play.

One last thing (this will probably cost me my membership  :D ) Should you ask a pertinent question, and here from psuedoswede saying 'the wiki knows' take his advice and take a few mins to read the WIKI. Everything you actually need to know is there.

I learnt more in my early days reading the WIKI than anything else.

Sorry this is such a long post, but I have to tell you, this is without doubt the best Airline game out there.

Good luck to you, I hope you enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:53:28 pm by Flybynight747 »

Arcanum

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 11:48:12 pm
The gate costs are paid at the beginning of a month, so you will want to cancel the route and gate before the end of the month (the 24th is the last day of a game month), so you don't get charged for the gate again.

Yes, the research route option does come in handy, though typically you can make a rough estimate of the demand by looking at the passenger numbers (when renting a gate, click the "View" option next to the airport name).
Freedom Air - World 1073World 1217
ID: 33390

Dirtymick31

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 11:58:42 pm
I have a feeling this is going to be a game where I gradually figure everything out, but I'm def starting to, even as the hours pass, get more and more.

And I'll def keep the wiki page close by.

Thanks for the help guys, I eagerly look forward to uncutting you on routes soon!  :P

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 03:45:29 am
I figured out how to rent gates and create routes, load them, etc, very quickly. But, when you're a moron and create a route that either you realize immeditaely will never get you in the black, how do you ditch it?  Must you rent the gate forever?  For a whole month? Or whatever...Because I've already accidentally ditched the 50k for a gate once or twice and realized it was pointless to have even got that gate.

The Wiki understands...

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Flybynight747

• Airline Operative
  • FLY 747s
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 11:44:53 am
HAHA  :D

Dirtymick31

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 08:29:25 pm
The Mick now understands that the psuedoswede and his Wiki are all powerful and bow at their feet for their gracious help and support of a small, Caucasian airline, struggling in a public world.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk